Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-08-2015, 07:46 AM   #1
karmapolice
karmapolice began at the beginning.

Device: none
ebook-convert not adding authors (most likely a don't get the syntax)

I am using ebook-convert to convert HTML files to EPUB format, and I'm trying to use the --authors option to add the author.

The conversion works well, but when I add the epub files to Calibre library it says that the author is unknown.

The thing is I am not sure how to specify a value for an option in ebook-convert, so I am probably doing it wrong.

I tried so far:

ebook-convert.exe in.html out.epub --authors Author
ebook-convert.exe in.html out.epub --authors "Author"
ebook-convert.exe in.html out.epub --authors=Author
ebook-convert.exe in.html out.epub --authors="Author"

I am using Calibre 2.1.5 64bits on Windows 7.

Thank you very much.
karmapolice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 01:42 AM   #2
karmapolice
karmapolice began at the beginning.

Device: none
it actually works

Well, it looks like the first option actually works, but Calibre does not automatically set the author in the library entry based on the ebook metadata.
karmapolice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2015, 01:56 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yes, it does, unless you have turned off reading of metadata from file contents in the Adding preferences.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authors, ebook-convert, options