Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 06-29-2011, 12:18 AM   #31
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganM View Post
I dunno about that now! I had a look on the Libre and the firmware file only has the PDF instructions and not the firmware update BUT when I look at the SD card on the computer the firmware folder has the firmware and the PDF instructions. I will go reformat the SD to FAT 16 now.
The file types that appear in the libre's menus are limited to the types of
documents that the device can display.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:25 AM   #32
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Is FAT ok to format the disk to? Since it's the default?
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2011, 12:34 AM   #33
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You could try the 8 bit FAT, there is not a lot of difference between that and FAT16.
FAT16 is most likely what the Libre's internal memory was formatted to at the factory.
(It was for the jetBooks.)

Luck;
Ken
Old 06-29-2011, 12:37 AM   #34
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The only formats available on my laptop are EXFAT, FAT32, FAT and NFTS or something like that.

The only format on Linux is FAT and some encrypted one.

I might as well give up. lol
Old 06-29-2011, 12:49 AM   #35
Ken Maltby
Wizard

The FAT on your laptop is probably FAT16, just use that.
The old FAT has mostly disappeared, and the term is now sometimes used for what is
technically FAT16. Google it if you want a full history.

Luck;
Ken
Advert
Old 06-29-2011, 07:28 AM   #36
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganM View Post
I just had a look and FAT 16 isn't even a option on there. Just FAT 32, FAT and EXFAT
FAT 16 = FAT
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:43 AM   #37
MorganM
Fanatic

Thanks. Doesn't make any diff tho stupid thing won't upload the firmware.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:34 AM   #38
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Just out of curiosity you have nothing on your sd car except for the firmware folder? I notice the firmware download also contains a PDF with instructions. I would try the update making sure in the firmware folder there is nothing but the .bin file.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:15 PM   #39
MorganM
Fanatic

Yep I take out the PDF.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:30 PM   #40
MorganM
Fanatic

I got a email back from a aluratek representative and he said maybe the leap from fw 17 to 20 is to much and maybe I should go up by 18 and 19. Might work. Does anyone know of a archive where I can ge the 18?
Old 06-30-2011, 12:30 PM   #41
jlg432
Addict
jlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: jetBook, ALP, Pandigital 7"Color(Black+ White), Kyros MID7015a
I am uploading fw's 15 - 19 to my Dropbox public folder.

As soon has the uploads are finished I will post the URL here.

I will leave them there for a few weeks so those interested can obtain a copy.

You would think Aluratek would offer an archive just for these kinds of circumstances.

John

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31428550/LIB...de-v.0.18g.zip

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31428550/LIB...de-v.0.17d.zip

Still waiting on two more uploads.

I noticed that I have two V 0.15 FW one for the Black unit and one for the White.
My device is the ALP Black unit. The "W" in the file name I assume designates "White". I really don't know if there is a difference between the two.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31428550/ALP...5K-AEBK01F.zip

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31428550/ALP...K-AEBK01WF.zip

Just a warning - 19d contains two FW zip files within it. One for the color and one for the Libre Pro. They are identified.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31428550/LIB...s%20V0.19d.zip

Well that's it. I will removes these when I need the space - which should NOT be soon.

Last edited by jlg432; 06-30-2011 at 01:21 PM.
jlg432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:45 PM   #42
A-bay
A-bay began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro
Libre Pro Firmware Upgrade 15K to 20G

I just upgraded from firmware version 15K directly to 20G with no problems. I just got the Libre yesterday so I don't have any experience with what differences there are from such an old version.
A-bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:53 AM   #43
Paralel
Paralel began at the beginning.

Device: ALP
The latest firmware for the Libre Pro is now 20i

Last edited by Paralel; 08-05-2011 at 04:56 PM.
Paralel is offline   Reply With Quote