Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-18-2011, 12:15 PM   #16
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Calendar Pro is a software app for Kindle. It has fairly good reviews. There are other types of active content, too. I've heard that a notepad-type application is quite good. I have a K1, so I can't use them, but owners of newer Kindles can use the active content (apps) like games, etc.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 05:37 AM   #17
tjdingler
tjdingler began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Accidently posted twice.

Last edited by tjdingler; 05-20-2011 at 05:45 AM. Reason: posted twice
tjdingler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2011, 10:56 AM   #18
tjdingler
tjdingler began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Thank you queentess! for your error checking. I just want to convert the books not write them. You can see why. I know it is bad form for the author to put a five star review. I thought about it long and hard before I did it. I wanted to rebut the bad review constructively. Thanks for all the comments they are helpful. I want to learn!!!

TJ

Last edited by dreams; 05-20-2011 at 07:52 PM. Reason: edit promotion
tjdingler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 02:44 PM   #19
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
A non DRM epub book will not be tied up to an specific ereader. In other words, it can be easily converted to mobi and read on a Kindle. The same is also true for a non DRM mobi book. Even with DRM, a person with desire and the proper scripts, can also remove the DRM protection and read that on whatever device they like or want.

Is a fact, Amazon leads the book's market here in USA and all the other companies are trying to compete to get a bigger piece of the cake. One went to bankruptcy already and B&N is struggling now. Sony just started their own bookstore, same for Apple. Whoever has doubts about that, go online and check Amazon's quarterly reports for past 5 years or so. Then compare to B&N or any other similar bookstore here in USA.

Here in USA there is no other online bookstore with bigger variety of books (electronic and pbook) than Amazon. You can even find rare computer or Spanish books, not available in any other store.

Last edited by jocampo; 05-19-2011 at 02:47 PM.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote