Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-18-2010, 04:30 PM   #1
lolivierlol
lolivierlol began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox - Firmware 1.4beta20100528
Lightbulb If Ad hoc network on Onyx Boox ?? 3G possibilties with iPhone

Is it possible to create a Ad hoc network with Onyx Boox ????

I explain my goal :

I would like to use my 3G connection with my iPhone for the Onyx Boox.

I can do this for my MacbookPro with a wifi network create on Macbook and connect the iPhone with wifi. After that, I use the 3G connection on iPhone for internet use on Macbook.

I would like to do the same for the Onyx Boox : Create a local network with the Onyx Boox (if it's possible !) and use my 3G iphone connection

I don't know if it's clear...

Is it possible ??

Thanks for help.
lolivierlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:56 PM   #2
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolivierlol View Post
Is it possible to create a Ad hoc network with Onyx Boox ????

I explain my goal :

I would like to use my 3G connection with my iPhone for the Onyx Boox.

I can do this for my MacbookPro with a wifi network create on Macbook and connect the iPhone with wifi. After that, I use the 3G connection on iPhone for internet use on Macbook.

I would like to do the same for the Onyx Boox : Create a local network with the Onyx Boox (if it's possible !) and use my 3G iphone connection

I don't know if it's clear...

Is it possible ??

Thanks for help.
I haven't done it. But I don't see, why it shouldn't work. You can connect Neo to (pretty much) any Access Point. When defining iPhone as such, there shouldn't be any problem.
Of course, it won't be too much fun. I've only briefly used Neo for checking some bookstores. Just wanted to see, whether it's working to purchase and download ADE content directly on Neo, without PC. It's working flawlessly. But even with WiFi, it's slow. And the display is small and not very responsive. Not Neo's "fault", it's in the nature of ePaper...
I'll probably do what you've described with iPad (WiFi only version).
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert