Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-16-2010, 09:23 PM   #1
AniemAmebA
AniemAmebA began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Fabric Covers - fits SONY PRSA-SC6 cover for Reader Touch Edition

Hi all! I wanted to share what I made today for my husband and myself because we both got black Sony Readers with the black PRSA-SC6 cover. I don't have a picture of the one I made for my husband because he took it with him out tonight but it is green and black camo with black and white skulls. It looks really cool. I will add pictures of that when I can get my hands on it. Mine is the one with the paw prints on it (see pictures).

Front view without elastic

Front view with elastic

Top view

Open view

I made it with an elastic to keep it closed. The magnet still works to keep it closed but I like the extra security. It looks like a journal. When you open it all the way with the front cover folded back, the cover stays in place. Let me know what you think about this. If I get enough feedback, I would like to make some and sell them on eBay. Right now the only size I made is for the PRS-600 but I just need a cover for any other one to start making them.

Thanks for looking!!!
AniemAmebA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:00 PM   #2
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
You might want to check out selling on Etsy.com, too.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:22 AM   #3
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
I bought a cover just like this from a seller on Etsy, but it doesn't have the elastic which, now that I've seen, I think is better. I trawl Etsy pretty often for PRS-600 accessories and I think there's only one seller there so far who makes this style. Go for it!
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:04 AM   #4
mbelec
Addict
mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, Ipad 3
It looks great! What would you charge for them? I might be interested.
mbelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:16 AM   #5
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
The ones on Etsy (without elastic) are $14.95 - $16.95 depending on the device.
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:32 PM   #6
AniemAmebA

I am not sure what I would charge. I think that it would depend on if I sell it with the hard cover or not. Probably without $15, with $30? Plus shipping...
Old 05-17-2010, 07:40 PM   #7
AniemAmebA

My husband's cover. Thoughts?
Old 05-17-2010, 09:42 PM   #8
Cagedodger
Cagedodger began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hey! That looks like the one my wife made for me...

The fabric choice is kind of an inside joke, lol.

My opinion is obviously is biased here, but I love the way the covers turned out. Mine is the 1st version or guinea pig cover. It gives the book that missing "feeling" that these eReaders lack vs their paper predecessors.
Cagedodger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
prsa-sc6, sony prs 600, sony prs-600, sony reader cover