Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 10-10-2009, 03:35 PM   #46
lisgielen
lisgielen began at the beginning.

Device: nokia 6760slide, irex iliad, (nokia 3250)
Thanks, I`ll read it pretty soon.
lisgielen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 04:07 AM   #47
eco
eco began at the beginning.

Device: Ipaq 1945
Hi Sam

Just wanted to say thanks - this was a great read. Normally I go for hard scifi or mainstream novels, but Metagame was a great fun book to read. It grabbed me and I read it in two or three sittings and didn't want it to end. Its a rare book that keeps me up to 2:00 am reading. I think your novel compares interestingly to Margaret Atwood's Oryx and Crake.

I brought the book from Amazon for 1 cent after finding it on the kindle books best seller list. I really have no idea why you are giving it away - but thanks.
eco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:50 AM   #48
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco View Post
I brought the book from Amazon for 1 cent after finding it on the kindle books best seller list. I really have no idea why you are giving it away - but thanks.
I have though about that too and I venture to guess that for independent authors, getting your work out there to be read is vitally important. For one, you dont want to leave your hard work sitting on your computer gathering virtual dust... and you also want to have a way to tracking "sales" even if it is less than $1. If the book does well, you can take that to a publisher and say "Look, people enjoy my work! Lets take this to print!"
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:26 PM   #49
Sam Landstrom
Zealot
Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
I have though about that too and I venture to guess that for independent authors, getting your work out there to be read is vitally important. For one, you dont want to leave your hard work sitting on your computer gathering virtual dust... and you also want to have a way to tracking "sales" even if it is less than $1. If the book does well, you can take that to a publisher and say "Look, people enjoy my work! Lets take this to print!"
rcuadro, you're correct on all counts. As a fledgling independent author my biggest enemy is obscurity. Get readers now, get money later. And even if the second half doesn't happen, I'll still have my day job and the knowledge that hundreds (now thousands) have read my book and hopefully derived some pleasure from it.

BTW, have you left a review on Amazon? (:
Sam Landstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:31 PM   #50
Sam Landstrom
Zealot
Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hi Sam

Just wanted to say thanks - this was a great read. Normally I go for hard scifi or mainstream novels, but Metagame was a great fun book to read. It grabbed me and I read it in two or three sittings and didn't want it to end. Its a rare book that keeps me up to 2:00 am reading. I think your novel compares interestingly to Margaret Atwood's Oryx and Crake.

Thanks eco!

Your comment sounds a lot like an Amazon review, so if you want to pay me back, here ya go: http://www.amazon.com/MetaGame-ebook/dp/B002L4EXB0/

I'll have to check out Margaret Atwood, thanks.

Sam
Old 10-23-2009, 09:18 PM   #51
eco
eco began at the beginning.

Device: Ipaq 1945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Landstrom View Post
Thanks eco!

Your comment sounds a lot like an Amazon review, so if you want to pay me back, here ya go: http://www.amazon.com/MetaGame-ebook/dp/B002L4EXB0/

I'll have to check out Margaret Atwood, thanks.

Sam
Done, review up on Amazon - looking forward to your next book.
eco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:53 PM   #52
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Landstrom View Post
BTW, have you left a review on Amazon? (:
Yes and you even replied to it
I was the one wondering how you are going to top MetaGame
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 06:48 PM   #53
Sam Landstrom
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
Yes and you even replied to it
I was the one wondering how you are going to top MetaGame
Oh, yup, I remember that one. Nice to match the alias from one online community with another. (:

Thanks for the great review,
Sam
Old 11-22-2009, 07:07 AM   #54
lisgielen

Metagames

Hey, I'm in the middle of this book. Wanted to let you know that I rather like it. It doesn't make me want to read all the time, but I do want to know what'll come next, so I keep reading anyway. Interesting society!
Old 11-27-2009, 01:40 AM   #55
Sam Landstrom
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisgielen View Post
Hey, I'm in the middle of this book. Wanted to let you know that I rather like it. It doesn't make me want to read all the time, but I do want to know what'll come next, so I keep reading anyway. Interesting society!
Glad to hear you're giving it a shot. Let me know what you think when you're done. If you find things you'd like to see changed, let me know. I've integrated several suggestions from readers in updated versions.

Thanks,
Sam
Old 12-05-2009, 01:42 AM   #56
Sam Landstrom
Zealot

Quote:
Done, review up on Amazon - looking forward to your next book.
Thanks eco! Sent some reputation to ya.

Sam
Old 12-05-2009, 03:15 AM   #57
ozron
Groupie
ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, iPad, iPhone
Very generous offer Sam. Many thanks! Downloaded the epub version and loaded it onto my iPhone with Stanza. Looks fine. Will also try it out when I get my new Sony 505 next week. Not sure when I get around to reading it as I've got lots on my TBR list as well, but hopefully later this month. I'll leave a review on Amazon as well.
ozron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 10:30 PM   #58
Journier
Groupie
Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Hello, Sam. Would love to purchase it, but my Sony does not support Mobipocket. Epub would do nicely. Thank you.
Richard
Journier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 10:57 PM   #59
ozron
Groupie
ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journier View Post
Hello, Sam. Would love to purchase it, but my Sony does not support Mobipocket. Epub would do nicely. Thank you.
Richard
Journier if you go to Sam's website (link in post #22) you'll find there is an epub version you can download for your Sony. I've downloaded it for my Sony 505.
ozron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 04:17 AM   #60
lisgielen

Almost done, at the part where D_light dies... Does he have to? No, don`t tell me yet, I have 50 pages to go. I`ll keep you informed!

Tags
adventure, high tech, metagame, science fiction