Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-28-2009, 03:01 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Hanvon N516 available for preorder

One of MobileRead's members just received an email from EnWo, the first Hanvon distributor. EnWo is currently taking preorders for a June shipping date. For the first 150 who sign up the price will be 225€ (~$313). I suspect that the offer is only open to residents of Germany.

If you want to sign up, click here.

Thanks, juergen_grendel, for letting us know.

P.S. One member has had experience with the N510, and he was underwhelmed.

Last edited by Nate the great; 05-28-2009 at 03:18 PM.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:12 PM   #2
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
One of MobileRead's members just received an email from EnWo, the first Hanvon distributor. EnWo is currently taking preorders for a June shipping date. For the first 150 who sign up the price will be 225€ (~$313). I suspect that the offer is only open to residents of Germany.

If you want to sign up, click here.

Danke schön, juergen_grendel, for letting us know.
I hope you are aware that this reader just supports pdf and txt formats? For a 5" reader the price is a bit steep, too. The regular price will be 250€, which is frankly too much.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:17 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
I hope you are aware that this reader just supports pdf and txt formats? For a 5" reader the price is a bit steep, too. The regular price will be 250€, which is frankly too much.
Yes, I did know. I think the intro price is too high.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:18 PM   #4
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Yes, I wondered about that...

Quote:
Das Hanvon E-Book Reader kann fast alle gaengigen elektronischen Buecher- u. Dokumentenform zeigen

Unterstuetzte Formate: PDF, TXT, JPG, PNG
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that first sentence apply it can read all accepted ebook formats?
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:29 PM   #5
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Yes, I wondered about that...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that first sentence apply it can read all accepted ebook formats?
"Nearly all"
Old 05-28-2009, 03:31 PM   #6
lunohod
OpenInkpot developer
lunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toys

Device: N516,V3,PRS505,iLiad,eSlick,E60,K3,K4NT,M90,PB912,KoboMini
http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11072

it's in russian, but the google translation is pretty adequate
lunohod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:57 PM   #7
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
"Nearly all"
Ok, nearly all... But that should be more than PDF and TXT!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:07 PM   #8
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Ok, nearly all... But that should be more than PDF and TXT!
I was being ironical!
Old 05-28-2009, 04:11 PM   #9
lunohod
OpenInkpot developer
lunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toys

Device: N516,V3,PRS505,iLiad,eSlick,E60,K3,K4NT,M90,PB912,KoboMini
Well, I've got FBReader running on my n516. But it's not compatible with stock firmware.
lunohod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:16 PM   #10
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Isn't the 510 being replaced with the 516?

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:28 PM   #11
Charbax
Addict
Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Isn't the 510 being replaced with the 516?

Dale
I dunno about the version numbers, but make sure if you order it, that you are getting the one with the touchscreen stylus input!

As you can see in my video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcN28YIxVZc

That one is cooler than the one without the touchscreen input!

Hanvon also said that they are working on a version with built-in WiFi connectivity!
Charbax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:32 PM   #12
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbax View Post
I dunno about the version numbers, but make sure if you order it, that you are getting the one with the touchscreen stylus input!

As you can see in my video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcN28YIxVZc

That one is cooler than the one without the touchscreen input!

Hanvon also said that they are working on a version with built-in WiFi connectivity!
They have been in the wiki for a while. Check:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/index.php...edit&redlink=1
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:03 AM   #13
Charbax
Addict
Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

None of N510 nor N516 seem to be the touchscreen version, so I wouldn't recommend it..
Charbax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:06 AM   #14
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Dealsdirect has this on special today

:- http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/p/hanv...-reader-black/
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:50 AM   #15
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tyson View Post
Dealsdirect has this on special today

:- http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/p/hanv...-reader-black/
350$?? They gotta be kidding!!