Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-11-2009, 09:44 PM   #1
loboMuerto
loboMuerto began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505, Palm TX
Self publishing and social networks

Hi, guys:

I've written several short stories in my native language, and I was looking for self publication mechanisms and services on the web, when I found a company from Spain that uses social networks to publish works based on popularity. They charge a small fee in order to allow you to participate, and some extra to be more visible to the community. Somewhere in their end user contract they specify that if your work is good enough it could be published, even if you didn't pay to participate in their contest. It seems to be a very small, very young company with an interesting concept. What do you think?

http://bookandyou.com
loboMuerto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:53 PM   #2
narbeauchamp
Groupie
narbeauchamp has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS700BC/PRS505/TZ350N/MacBook/Aspire One/iPad/iPhone/BB 9630
Definately looks like an interesting concept....

Have you looked into LuLu (http://www.lulu.com )
narbeauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 06:40 AM   #3
dadioflex
Dyslexic Count
dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Advent Vega, iPad, iPod Touch, Kindle
Edit.

Last edited by dadioflex; 12-16-2010 at 04:17 AM.
dadioflex is offline   Reply With Quote