Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 02-24-2019, 04:46 PM   #1
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
[Android] CC/Dropbox seems to be broken

Apparently Dropbox no longer supports the method CC has used for years to authenticate with Dropbox. Worse for me, they appear to have gone out of their way to break apps that use this now-unsupported method. And worse again, they don't provide an alternative.

I am trying to find a fix, without success so far.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 12:49 AM   #2
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
it worked ok for me last night - i copied a few books from cloud to tablet.

or is it broken only for setting up new links ?
i will greatly miss that feature, if it goes
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2019, 01:17 AM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Still working, so far, with the iOS app. Never use it on my iPad, but use it on my phone when I want to grab the book I'm currently reading and without another device since I don't keep my entire library on my phone. Would miss it if it went away, although I'd still have other ways to grab a book.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 01:25 AM   #4
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
i guess that if it is broke for good I will have to free up some google drive space and put my cloud copy there.
but GD is much slower to upload than dropbox, and I don't have the same level of trust with that. Dropbox has never let me down & I have used it for years for many things across many devices. Also, calibre in GD has that terrible reputation for messing with file/folder names and screwing things up
I wonder if the same issue is going to affect the Moon reader - dropbox link ? I do rely on that to store last page read, and I am not sure if other cloud syncs are supported in Moon
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 02:58 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
or is it broken only for setting up new links ?
i will greatly miss that feature, if it goes
Authentication is broken. I can't login. If you are already logged in then it will work until you need to change the security token, which may be never.
Advert
Old 03-03-2019, 10:45 PM   #6
kellykline
kellykline began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox
DropBox Still Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Authentication is broken. I can't login. If you are already logged in then it will work until you need to change the security token, which may be never.

Bummer, just bought this today and Dropbox doesn't work on my Android (Onyx Boox Note).
kellykline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 10:16 AM   #7
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Somehow I could login without issue. I don't have a library on Dropbox, so I don't choose the folder, just quit.

I used gmail to log in.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:06 AM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

WORKAROUND!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nqk View Post
Somehow I could login without issue. I don't have a library on Dropbox, so I don't choose the folder, just quit.

I used gmail to log in.
Using gmail to log in works! I was able to log in, navigate to the library, and see books.

See this post for details on what I did to workaround the problem.
Old 04-03-2021, 10:55 PM   #9
ayoungs
ayoungs began at the beginning.

Device: Android samsung
The fix does not work for me

I see that my Calibre books are getting added to my dropbox library, but they are not showing up in Calibre Companion on my Android anymore. The old books are still there. I logged into my Dropbox with google credentials. I re-installed Calibre Companion. Restarted Android.

I see this is an old thread, is there a new way to share books across devices that will sync notes from a cloud server? My reader is Moon + Pro.
ayoungs is offline   Reply With Quote