Notices

Old 06-12-2020, 02:24 AM   #1
iamagloworm
Connoisseur
iamagloworm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3 (Manga)
Question Mac Calibre viewer only shows white

I am on calibre 4.18 and I am on macOS 10.14.5

When I open a ebook with the ebook-viewer, it is only white. As I mouse over the top-left corner, I see the cursor change, but it is only white.

Hmmm, playing with the mouse and 'select-all' I think it is showing white text on a white background. I can select the text and drag it and see it outside the window.

How can I fix this?

Last edited by iamagloworm; 06-12-2020 at 02:33 AM.
iamagloworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 03:16 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Assuming your book has actual white text, you can remove it by doing an epub to epub conversion and selecting the option to remove colors from the book, in the look & feel section of the conversion dialog.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2020, 11:59 PM   #3
iamagloworm
Connoisseur

Thanks for the message.

It is not any one book, as it was the same for all books, and I can open them in other readers without issue.

I just opened Calibre after a reboot and it is back to normal now. No idea what the problem was. Hopefully it does not return.
Old 06-13-2020, 11:10 AM   #4
iamagloworm
Connoisseur

yeah. it came back. just a blank white window.
Old 09-17-2020, 06:44 AM   #5
kamkam
kamkam began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I also got the same problem. Viewer and editor are white windows. Clicking on it reacts normally but I cannot see nothing. When right click, pulldown menu is opened. I reinstalled it several times but nothing happened. Even I installed portable version - the result is the same. How can I repair this?
kamkam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2020, 08:15 AM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamkam View Post
I also got the same problem. Viewer and editor are white windows. Clicking on it reacts normally but I cannot see nothing. When right click, pulldown menu is opened. I reinstalled it several times but nothing happened. Even I installed portable version - the result is the same. How can I repair this?
What operating system are you using - Windows, MacOS or Linux?

There is no portable install for MacOS.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote