Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-04-2019, 08:18 AM   #16
Ramana
Connoisseur
Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Onyx Boox i86 Hdml plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx Boox View Post
Dear user, in terms of what our development team said, we have plans to upgrade the old devices with Android 6 such as Max2 pro, Max2, Note pro, and Nova pro, etc. to Android 9. Please be patient.
Could you please tell about onyx boox i86 hdml plus ? Will there be any update to android 4.4 or 6 is possible ?
Ramana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 12:29 PM   #17
forestfelix
Leaf of Grass
forestfelix began at the beginning.

Device: PW, Note Lite
Quote:
Dear user, in terms of what our development team said, we have plans to upgrade the old devices with Android 6 such as Max2 pro, Max2, Note pro, and Nova pro, etc. to Android 9. Please be patient.
That's great news! Thank you for reacting to the feedback!
forestfelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2019, 10:47 PM   #18
Onyx Boox
Connoisseur
Onyx Boox is on a distinguished road

Device: Boox Ereader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramana View Post
Could you please tell about onyx boox i86 hdml plus ? Will there be any update to android 4.4 or 6 is possible ?
Due to the hardware restrictions, it is incapable of upgrading the devices from Android 4 to Android 6 OS and above. Apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Onyx Boox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 01:11 AM   #19
Ramana
Connoisseur
Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Onyx Boox i86 Hdml plus
Quote:
Due to the hardware restrictions, it is incapable of upgrading the devices from Android 4 to Android 6 OS and above. Apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Thank you for the reply. Onyx Boox i86 hdml plus was planned to upgrade to android 4.4 from 4.0. But it is not released yet. I am waiting for this upgrade since long because indian languages will be properly rendered in android 4.4 only but not on android 4.0.4. Currently, I am using the unofficial upgrade of 4.4. I got this package from ereader.store. But the issue is with front light. It is always set to maximum light when in on condition. Atleast, kindly ask your developers to fix the front light issue if official release is not possible.
Ramana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 03:28 AM   #20
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Quote:
1) Will my 'plain' Nova receive such an upgrade?
2) What are the major improvements i can expect by this os switch?
(my phone is still lollipop :-) )
3) i'd like more refinements of your legacy software, like book statistics, default screensavers to last pag/cover of the books being opened by neoreader 3.0, mark book as read (so many times i end a book and it stays at 99%)
4) will you ever try again the single-screen smartphone road like others are trying ?
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2019, 07:25 AM   #21
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Yesterday I have visited the booth of Onyx International on IFA in Berlin and used the opportunity to test Max 3 for a few minutes. My first impression is very positive. I will get my test Max 3 after the fair and going to test it more thoroughly next week. Review follows.
The mass production of Max3 has already started and our first batch should arrive in our warehouse within of the next 7-8 working days. The batch is limited though. For those of you guys, who want to place a pre-order, we have opened it in our store today. https://ereader.store/en/onyx-boox/o...-white-57.html

Last edited by Booxtor; 09-07-2019 at 07:38 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 07:53 AM   #22
Pizza_Cant_Read
Sentient Sauce
Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 9th Gen Oasis
The ebook reader review says it would need lights on all sides which explains why this 13.3 inch Max3 doesn't have a light. Is there any news about a 10.3 inch version with a backlight? It would have been nice if they could refresh the line with the new specs. My fear is that they will wait 6 months, by which time other manufacturers will have caught up on the specs, increasing decision fatigue.

Last edited by Pizza_Cant_Read; 09-07-2019 at 07:59 AM.
Pizza_Cant_Read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 08:25 AM   #23
desk7
Groupie
desk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Onyx Boox Max
Videos about Onyx Boox Max 3!

A glimpse at BOOX Max3 Appearance and New Features
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVE0aDuxS1k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21Q1A6oQ6lk
desk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 10:17 AM   #24
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
from what I saw, underwhelming.

just a minor upgrade, and the absence of light is the worst of all.
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 01:11 PM   #25
ondasalfa
ondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle dx
I also expected it with front light
ondasalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 02:22 PM   #26
cicabum
Addict
cicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud of

Device: Onyx Note3, Nova3, Hisense A5, Hisense Q5, Dasung Paperlike Pro-f
Quote:
Originally Posted by whopper View Post
from what I saw, underwhelming.

just a minor upgrade, and the absence of light is the worst of all.
screen rotation, better pen, it's possible to use now different grades of gray and to open 2 different documents in the same time etc, is it just a minor upgrade?? ... they have implemented basically many feedbacks of the users

Last edited by cicabum; 09-07-2019 at 02:29 PM.
cicabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 02:28 PM   #27
cicabum
Addict
cicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud of

Device: Onyx Note3, Nova3, Hisense A5, Hisense Q5, Dasung Paperlike Pro-f
I wait to see how it works as second monitor because according to me the Max 2 was not usable in this regard (too slow cursor and windows... there was not an efficiant way to refresh the page in case of ghosting etc) compared to a Dasung monitor.

Last edited by cicabum; 09-07-2019 at 02:36 PM.
cicabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 02:33 PM   #28
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cicabum View Post
screen rotation, better pen, it's possible to use now different grades of gray and to open 2 different documents in the same time etc, is it just a minor upgrade?? ... they have implemented basically many feedbacks of the users
I have screen rotation on my device through an app

The pen is an standard wacom, if you don't like the one of the max 2, just buy another

opening 2 different documents it should be part of the new software and upgrade to the all line-up and android 9, not an exclusive feature. They can do it exclusive, but they shouldn't.

so, what's really new that can't be added via software upgrade to the old devices?

processor
automatic rotation
fingerprint unlock
50 gr less of weight

Would you pay another 850€ for max 3 if you had max2/pro?
Those upgrades are worth purchasing a new device?

I mean, if they throw flushed screen with glass to avoid breaking the screen like older devices when you apply a bit of pressure with the pen, light (seriously, light would be a worthy reason alone), a better screen with 300ppi (it doesn't exist unfortunately), monitor feature through usb 3 and not hdmi, a high end cpu, 8gb of ram, then we could talk about a worthy upgrade, but this? Just a minor upgrade.

meh

Last edited by whopper; 09-07-2019 at 03:10 PM.
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 03:39 PM   #29
bluesnews
Enthusiast
bluesnews began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
How soon do you think the plus and the pro versions will
Come out? The Amex of the vanilla version is just meh.
bluesnews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 03:47 PM   #30
Boreras
Connoisseur
Boreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: TBA
Based on quick charge 3.0, 2 GHz eight cores,
I'd say it's pretty likely to be a snapdragon 625 (626/632).
It can't be one of the 400 series given the clockspeed.

Four gigs of RAM with a 625 in terms of performance is great for smartphones, this should run circles around previous models. Very interested in even bigger pdfs.
Boreras is offline   Reply With Quote