Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-04-2017, 06:28 AM   #31
amit34521
amit34521 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Is it possible to add multi select option to add images in bulk???
amit34521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 12:19 PM   #32
CalibUser
Addict
CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.

Device: Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit34521 View Post
Is it possible to add multi select option to add images in bulk???
I may look at this as a possibility when I get time and if others request this feature.

At present the selected image is displayed so that you can check whether you have selected the correct one; also, you can insert this image at any required position in the ePub. If multiselections became available, then in the first instance, it would not display all the files selected and the files would all be inserted at the same position in the epub file.
CalibUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2017, 11:11 AM   #33
DigitalPencil
DigitalPencil began at the beginning.

InsertImageSVG is amazing!

As a novice Sigil user, I found this plugin to be a game changer, and extremely helpful.

I will be thankful to know if there is any update concerning uploading many images at once, instead of dealing with one image at a time.

Thanks.
DigitalPencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 04:44 PM   #34
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalPencil View Post
I will be thankful to know if there is any update concerning uploading many images at once, instead of dealing with one image at a time
Subscribe to the thread - in Thread Tools at top of thread

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 12:50 AM   #35
DigitalPencil

BetterRed- Thanks.

I don't see a "Subscribe" option in the "Thread Tools", only "Un-subscribe from the thread"(with several more options), so, I conclude that I am already subscribed.

Am I wrong?

Thanks
Advert
Old 11-12-2017, 01:35 AM   #36
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
BetterRed- Thanks.

I don't see a "Subscribe" option in the "Thread Tools", only "Un-subscribe from the thread"(with several more options), so, I conclude that I am already subscribed.

Am I wrong?

Thanks
Yes, you are subscribed.

It appears you have your personal settings set to automatically subscribe to a thread if you submit a post. You can change that by going to your "User CP" (control panel) at the top of the forum and then on the left side under "Settings and Options" select "edit options". On the right hand side is a list of options. The second block of options should be "Messaging & Notification". In that block is the setting for "Default Thread Subscription Mode". The directions say:
Quote:
When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.
Cheers!
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 05:44 AM   #37
CalibUser
Addict
CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.

Device: Sony
Quote:
I will be thankful to know if there is any update concerning uploading many images at once, instead of dealing with one image at a time.

Thanks.
I have not got updated the plugin to load many images in one go as not many people have requested this (two including yourself), so I have given priority to other projects.

I am thinking that perhaps one way of implementing this update would be to add another button to the plugin that allows you to add further images one by one before the plugin window closes; this would enable you to view each image in turn and to select its position.

The alternative would be to write another plugin that opens a browser so that you can select several image files to import. The selected files could then be imported separately with its own SVG wrapper, but this would not allow you to preview the image nor select their positions in the ePub file; adjusting the position of the SVG wrapper files would have to be done manually after they have been created.

I would be interested to know which would be the preferred approach.

I have not got time at the moment to update this plugin, but I will keep this on my radar.
CalibUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 06:25 AM   #38
DigitalPencil

Thank you for the detailed reply.

Unfortunately, I am a "low-tech" person, so have zero programing knowledge and don't know how to create plugins and such.

Thank you, anyways, for the additional info.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:48 AM   #39
AlanHK
Guru
AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW-3, iPad, Android phone
I'm sure I'm not alone in using this plugin to make graphic pages that function as titles.

So these should be in the TOC, but will be ignored by Sigil's TOC generator unless they have a heading tag. But if you add any text to a full-page image you normally get a new page.

So I use inline styles to add a heading that takes up no space, with the text in the "title" tag where the TOC generator will read it:

<body>
<h1 style="height:0; margin:0;" title="Book 2: The Two Towers"></h1>
<div>
<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" ...

This works (no extra page) in the ePub readers I tried as well as when converted to AZW3.

Last edited by AlanHK; 11-28-2017 at 02:11 PM.
AlanHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 04:05 PM   #40
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
This is what I use on my cover page:

<body style="margin:0; padding:0; text-align:center; background-color:black">
<h1 style="display:none" title="Cover"/>

Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 04:20 PM   #41
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
I simply use Sigil's "Edit TOC" function. No need to add any code in the html file.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 09:28 PM   #42
AlanHK
Guru
AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
I simply use Sigil's "Edit TOC" function. No need to add any code in the html file.
Of course you can do it all by hand.
That's what I used to do.
And you have to do it again every time you move or add anything.

If you tag your files rebuilding the TOC is one click.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
This is what I use on my cover page:
<h1 style="display:none" title="Cover"/>
Looks a bit neater than my version. Thanks.

Last edited by AlanHK; 11-28-2017 at 09:30 PM.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:33 PM   #43
AlanHK
Guru

When using this to add pages to an epub3, there are a couple of issues.

I use the plugin to create an SVG page, and run epubcheck. It reports:

ERROR(HTM-004): Irregular DOCTYPE: found '-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN', expected '<!DOCTYPE html>'.
ERROR(OPF-014): The property 'svg' should be declared in the OPF file.

In the OPF I find that this was added to the manifest:

<item id="SVG_LSSquad" href="Text/SVG_LSSquad.xhtml" media-type="application/xhtml+xml" />

epub3 needs properties="svg" to be added to this:

<item id="SVG_LSSquad" href="Text/SVG_LSSquad.xhtml" media-type="application/xhtml+xml" properties="svg"/>

This is done if I use the "Epub3 tools/Update manifest properties" from Sigil's menu, but would be nice if the plugin did it.

The Doctype error though is still there.
The SVG file has this in its header:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">

this needs to be changed to :

<!DOCTYPE html>
Old 05-24-2018, 08:30 AM   #44
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
If it helps ... you should be able to run Mend all and it should fix the any bad DOCTYPE headers it finds. There is also a epub3 specific menu to regenerate the opf manifest properties that should properly add the svg property to the manifest. Although not a long-term fix, these two simple menu items should help handle this issue until epub3 compatibility is added to this plugin.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 10:11 AM   #45
AlanHK
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
If it helps ... you should be able to run Mend all and it should fix the any bad DOCTYPE headers it finds. There is also a epub3 specific menu to regenerate the opf manifest properties that should properly add the svg property to the manifest. Although not a long-term fix, these two simple menu items should help handle this issue until epub3 compatibility is added to this plugin.
Thanks.
I knew about the "Update manifest properties" tool, but not that "Mend" would fix the header.

I can't find an explanation of what "Mend code" does, it's not in the the last version of the Sigil User Guide (0.7.2, as far as I know). Is there any documentation of just what it does?