Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-12-2013, 05:17 PM   #1
SifJar
SifJar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 (Non Touch)
Reading articles from Pocket

I use the service "Pocket" quite a bit, and I would like to be able to sync my unread articles with my Kindle somehow. My ideal solution would be an actual Pocket client available via jailbreak, which would be able to sync my unread articles etc.

My main problem with any other method I've come across is I would have to manually transfer each article to my Kindle (or several articles at a time, but at fairly regular intervals), and they would remain there until I delete them, regardless of whether I read them on another platform (I also read articles on my phone and tablet), and once I've read them, they would still remain "unread" in Pocket until I marked them "read" on another platform. Ideally, I'd like it to automatically sync my unread articles, and once I've read them, delete them from my Kindle (automatically) and mark them as "read" in Pocket.

Anyone know of any way to get what I want? I can't seem to find anything on the wiki or by google, but I thought I may as well ask and see.
SifJar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:55 AM   #2
dshipp
dshipp began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
You can use IFTTT.com to sync your Pocket and Instapaper accounts so that each article you add to Pocket gets automatically added to Instapaper. You can then set up Instapaper to email articles to your Kindle's email address.

I mainly use Instapaper anyway, and find the email to Kindle functionality works well. I use IFTTT.com for a variety of other purposes, and while I've not yet tried this particular recipe, I expect it would work very well.

It's simpler to set up than it sounds.

It doesn't get you the automatically setting as read feature though.
dshipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2013, 01:51 PM   #3
SifJar
SifJar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 (Non Touch)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dshipp View Post
It doesn't get you the automatically setting as read feature though.
Unfortunately it's no good for me then Thanks anyway for your advice. I had been looking at IFTTT to see if it could help me at all but I decided it could not achieve what I really want. Guess I'll just go on reading my Pocket articles on my phone and tablet.

Again, thanks for your advice anyway, even if it's not quite what I'm looking for.
SifJar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:52 AM   #4
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
use the experimental browser?

Last edited by thomass; 05-15-2013 at 01:58 AM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote