Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-27-2010, 09:11 AM   #16
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Yes. Doesn't everyone?

Won't you stop drinking then? And wouldn't the latte (whatever that may be) become more and more watery?

I prefer to take a shower before doing anything else (except trying not to trip over the cats who will be camping our door...)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:19 AM   #17
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
I count my blessings too! (doesn't take long - my PB is 3.6 secs ).
Coffee/Toilet/Coffee/Banana/internet/read/Coffee/Toilet/yogurt/Bike to work....
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2010, 09:21 AM   #18
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Won't you stop drinking then? And wouldn't the latte (whatever that may be) become more and more watery?

I prefer to take a shower before doing anything else (except trying not to trip over the cats who will be camping our door...)
I am sure he is a pro by now. A few of us learned how to drink in the shower a long time ago with stronger drinks.

happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:52 AM   #19
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
wake up ... cats herd me into kitchen ... feed cats .... shower ... eyes open ... clean litter box ... breakfast ... off to work .... [more or less]
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:55 AM   #20
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
When you say more or less I hope that less never means you go without that morning shower.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2010, 09:58 AM   #21
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
When you say more or less I hope that less never means you go without that morning shower.
Egad! Never skip the shower. Just skip the work part on weekends - the rest stays the same (courtesy of the cats)
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:05 AM   #22
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Wife wakes me up (the alarm is on her side)
wife wakes me up again
extricate my feet from the cat and/or dog
make sure our daughter is up and moving
shave
shower
get dressed
make sure our daughter is close to being ready
walk the dog
make sure our daughter is downstairs and eating
breakfast (if were not running too late)
tell our daughter we're leaving in 5 minutes
brush teeth
kiss wife
feed the iguana because our daughter is running behind
wait in car for daughter....

All of that takes about an hour.

When I don't have to drive her to school, my routine is this...
Wife wakes me up (the alarm is on her side)
wife wakes me up again
extricate my feet from the cat and/or dog
shave
shower
get dressed
walk the dog
breakfast (if were not running too late)
brush teeth
kiss wife

And that only takes about 25 minutes!
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:06 AM   #23
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Hit the snooze...make coffee...wake kids/give them breakfast...get dressed...watch news...remind my son for the 8th time to brush his teeth and make his bed (while my other boy is ready to go already)...watch more news...when it's time to leave I have to take the slowpoke son into the bathroom and brush his teeth for him because he "forgot" and I don't have another 1/2 hour to wait for him to do it himself
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:36 AM   #24
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Oh ... and also the lassie, Skovia (twenty years happily unmarried to me), has a habit of waking up and dancing in the bedroom and singing like Billy Holliday before I peel up the eyelids. Gotta get over that, too, before I hit the keys. Neil
PS: Sometimes she sings opera, as well.
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:42 AM   #25
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3 (LBook), GS3
You wake up and ...

...and I think "Already?!" Then I crawl out of bed, reach for the crank and think "Oh God, please don't let me having become a vampire during the night!"* **
Then I roll the shutters up and jump from utter darkness to blinding light. If I'm not a pile of ashes I go on with my day.

*See, this is the first Test, if I can say Lord's name in my head it's pretty sure I'm still human.

**I actually say this in the right tense, cause I rarely think in English
LCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:53 AM   #26
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
Seriously, am I the only person who has to make a mad dash to the bathroom upon waking? Unless I was up a short time before the alarm to use the toilet and went back to bed that is always the FIRST thing. Then I hobble downstairs to make my hubby breakfast while he showers. Currently I then either go back to sleep or get on the computer to do classwork, or get on MR. Since I am a temp worker I occasionally get showered and ready for work. Oh, and since I don't drink coffee I have a Diet Dr Pepper for caffeine.

The best thing we ever did for our morning routine was get our daughter her own cell phone. She discovered the alarm feature and set it to get up in the morning, AND IT WORKED! Before that we had to spend up to 30 minutes trying to get her up. We had even bought her an alarm clock and she hated it and wouldn't use it. Son was easy, just pass by and say "time to get up" and he was up. Then he got his alarm clock and we never even had to do that much.
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:33 PM   #27
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
well if it is after 3 or 4 in the morning, let the dog out, get some water or iced green tea, go to the bathroom, feed the horses, then come in and figure out what my day is. I almost always shower at night
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:40 PM   #28
Williamlk
Guru
Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
hmmmm, well, the first thing I do is hit the snooze button and go back to sleep.
Williamlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:53 PM   #29
Fat Abe
Man Who Stares at Books
Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All of the Above
After the usual wash and rinse, the routine is to check my Crackberry for any overnight emails from various agencies (ahem). Then, it's off to work as a spy/pilot.

P.S. Forgot to mention that I also check mobileread's four-word post thread for fresh additions by the insane clown posse.

Last edited by Fat Abe; 09-27-2010 at 05:22 PM. Reason: PS
Fat Abe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:04 PM   #30
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Look at clock. Think "Oh ****" or "Oh good, thirty more minutes" depending on the time. If it's an "Oh ****" morning I say (hopefully out loud) "Hey babe, time to wake up" while patting him somewhere ( I never know which part of him I'm patting, my eyes are closed again). Once I hear him grunt, I say, "I love you". After the second moan/grunt/response it's usually time for me to head for the bathroom (no, Mrs Coach you're NOT the only one...). Stumble to bathroom, avoiding cats who want various things from food to water to outside (on the enclosed porch). Grab Diet Dr Pepper (salutes to Mrs. Coach again) and head for computer. Email, MR, assorted news sources.
I shower at night, also.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote