Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-13-2021, 08:33 PM   #1
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Can KOReader make it harder to accidentally click intra-document links?

I'm reading a technical PDF right now that has cross-references in nearly every paragraph, and I've accidentally hit them so many times that it's driving me nuts.

Is there a way to make it so that these links don't open instantly on tap? Even if I can fully disable intra-document links for now that'd be much better than what I'm dealing with!

Thanks!
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 09:42 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
(In said document) Gear > Links > Allow larger tap areas around links (among other things, i.e., there's an ignore option).

I *think* it's engine-agnostic, but I barely touch PDFs, so, YMMV.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 12:43 AM   #3
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Gear - Taps and gestures - Links - uncheck Tap to follow links.
Long press the link to have popup menu with Follow link item.

Last edited by hius07; 04-14-2021 at 12:54 AM.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 03:41 AM   #4
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
I touched something (not Links) which looked fairly inocuous with Gear - Tap and gestures and it made me unable to drop down the top menu... Weird. This unknown option, whatever it is, is a dangerous one and I fail to understand its usefulness.

Still tapping and gesturing around to recover from it...

Edit

It was Menu activation - touch only. I had to look at the wiki to learn that I could still trigger the menu with a single tap on the upper part of the screen (no swipe). Unpleasant experience.

Last edited by roger64; 04-14-2021 at 04:03 AM. Reason: edit
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 10:51 AM   #5
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Thanks everybody, I’ll try that! I think I prefer that in general, especially since I also turn on inline footnotes, which are the links I would otherwise use the most.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 12:33 PM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@roger64: to each their own. I've had swipes disabled since day one, since, in my case, the unpleasant experience was random swipes opening menus everywhere .
Old 04-14-2021, 12:43 PM   #7
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@roger64: to each their own. I've had swipes disabled since day one, since, in my case, the unpleasant experience was random swipes opening menus everywhere .
Me too! My KOReader is a swipe free zone. Is there a way to completely disable page-turning by tapping? I would prefer to only use my Libra's buttons, often find myself accidentally turning the page by an unintended or misplaced tap.
Uncle Robin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 12:56 PM   #8
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
Is there a way to completely disable page-turning by tapping?
File browser - menu Tools - More tools - Adanced settings
DTAP_ZONE_BACKWARD and DTAP_ZONE_FORWARD set h=0

Good picture explaining tap zones
https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-736856442

Last edited by hius07; 04-14-2021 at 01:00 PM.
Old 04-14-2021, 01:22 PM   #9
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post

Uncle Robin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 02:35 PM   #10
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Oh, December 2020, back when I naively thought I would have enough free time to revamp the Wiki. Sweet, sweet memories ^^.
Old 04-15-2021, 06:23 AM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:

If page turns by tap is turned off, does swiping still work?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 07:20 AM   #12
hius07
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If page turns by tap is turned off, does swiping still work?
Yes it does.
Old 04-15-2021, 10:01 AM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Yes it does.
Is there a way to get back the default H value if you decide to change back?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 10:34 AM   #14
hius07
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Is there a way to get back the default H value if you decide to change back?
Set h=1 (default) any time.