Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 01-15-2015, 10:01 AM   #1
1v4n0
Groupie
1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: kindle
Abbyy Finereader: short lines won't break (partially solved)

EDIT: solved (partially)

Little annoying problem with AFR (version n 10)

When the lines are short (as they sometimes are in poetry) the software doesn't recognize that they break, and it renders them all in one. I then have to break them one by one by hand, which can be a long job.

So for example if the printed book went like this:

Spoiler:

A pill to make you numb
A pill to make you dumb
A pill to make you anybody else
But all the drugs in this world
Won't save her from herself

the ocr text would be
Spoiler:

A pill to make you numb A pill to make you dumb A pill to make you anybody else But all the drugs in this world Won't save her from herself

Any ideas?
ty

PARTIAL SOLUTION: in AFR, from the "save" window, click "options" and "keep line breaks". The downside in this case is that it keeps the line breaks even when it should not (i.e. when on print the line breaks cos it reaches the whole width of the page.). Still needs some time, but it's better than nothing.

Last edited by 1v4n0; 01-15-2015 at 11:32 AM.
1v4n0 is offline   Reply With Quote