Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-03-2005, 09:08 AM   #1
ElaineCorvidae
ElaineCorvidae began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten E
Another newbie saying hi!

Just wanted to pop in and say hi! Someone mentioned this forum on the EPIC member list, and since I'm an ebook junkie I figured I'd stop by and check it out. I started reading ebooks in 2000 and never looked back - I kind of resent it when I have no choice but to buy paper these days. I currently do most of my reading on a Palm Tungsten E or on my Powerbook - mostly SF/F, but I'll read just about anything that snags my attention.
ElaineCorvidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 01:03 PM   #2
Antoine of MMM
Mobile Ministry Magazine
Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nokia N75/N800 Internet Tablet
Hola and welcome.
Antoine of MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 01:23 PM   #3
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Welcome Elaine. Feel free to check out our site's offerings. Something for everyone, here.

I just checked out your site. You've really taken this writing thing seriously, haven't you? Are all of your eBooks only available in .PDF format, or are they available in either HTML or .TXT? For readability on my Zodiac2 I prefer to convert my own eBooks from the HTML or .TXT files for use with iSilo. I suppose I could convert the .PDF's into HTML and then again for use with iSilo. Are your .PDF's password-protected?
POL9A
Pride Of Lions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 06:42 PM   #4
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Welcome, Elaine! I reckon you'll find a lot around here that you'll find interesting (much less the sparkling personalities that abound )

Craig.
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 02:19 PM   #5
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Hi Elaine! I am glad you found us here. We still need more open book authors like you who already ride the e-book wave
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 09:14 AM   #6
ElaineCorvidae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pride Of Lions
Are all of your eBooks only available in .PDF format, or are they available in either HTML or .TXT? For readability on my Zodiac2 I prefer to convert my own eBooks from the HTML or .TXT files for use with iSilo. I suppose I could convert the .PDF's into HTML and then again for use with iSilo. Are your .PDF's password-protected?
POL9A
Hi! My publisher is slooowwwly converting to other formats. A couple are available in .LIT as well, I think, but that's it for the moment. I'm not the world's biggest fan of PDF, to be honest--it never looks right on my Palm.

If you buy straight from the publisher, the PDFs are not password-protected. I believe that the distributor slaps their own encryption on them, though, so any sold via Amazon.com and the like have some form of encryption.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:15 AM   #7
ElaineCorvidae

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorow
Hi Elaine! I am glad you found us here. We still need more open book authors like you who already ride the e-book wave
Amen!

Elaine