i want to delete my account.
How can i do it?
thanks.
regards
aritzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 06:50 PM   #2
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Your account can be retired if you’d like, but not deleted. Confirm that you’d like it retired in this thread, and it will be taken care of.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2020, 08:00 PM   #3
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Welcome to the Hotel California.
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 01:39 PM   #4
aritzilla
Member Retired
aritzilla began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Your account can be retired if you’d like, but not deleted. Confirm that you’d like it retired in this thread, and it will be taken care of.
Ok, thanks, i want to retire my account.

regards
aritzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 02:35 PM   #5
PenguinCEO
Member Retired
PenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipedia

Device: a lot
Quote:
What is the difference?
PenguinCEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2020, 06:30 PM   #6
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinCEO View Post
What is the difference?
A retired account is still visible and the posts pertaining to it remain.
Old 05-05-2020, 06:32 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
A retired account is still visible and the posts pertaining to it remain.
How do you un-retire an account without creating another account and asking for it to be un-retired?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 07:01 PM   #8
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
How do you un-retire an account without creating another account and asking for it to be un-retired?
Why would you want to? The point of retiring an account is that you’re moving on. It can also be a kindness to one’s particular cronies, as it shows you didn’t just drop out or, worse, something didn’t happen to cause you to stop posting.
Old 05-07-2020, 06:26 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Why would you want to? The point of retiring an account is that you’re moving on. It can also be a kindness to one’s particular cronies, as it shows you didn’t just drop out or, worse, something didn’t happen to cause you to stop posting.
What if you change your mind and want back without using a different account?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 08:12 AM   #10
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What if you change your mind and want back without using a different account?
Well, then, you could always do as you suggested; create a dummy account to request being unretired. Certainly that would be better than starting fresh; I think you need to own your history. I’m segueing into personal opinion here; don’t take this as policy.

However, I’ll add that I give people credit for knowing their own minds and if they decide to leave MR, then that’s their call. We’re not a nanny state that thinks we know better than the members do and that they need a fallback if they change their minds.

Last edited by issybird; 05-07-2020 at 08:16 AM.
Old 06-28-2020, 08:44 AM   #11
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Have you found that many have been retiring their accounts lately? I admit to not being here for a while, but leaving didn't cross my mind. I just wondered if the world situation had affected mobileread?

Seems very quiet for a sunday.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 10:52 AM   #12
rebecalvanor
Member Retired
rebecalvanor began at the beginning.

Device: None
I want to retire my account

I want to retire my account
rebecalvanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 01:12 PM   #13
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Change your password to something horrible you will never remember. You could then maybe change password later if you want to.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 01:21 PM   #14
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
I don't understand...joined in 2013, only one post, the one asking to retire the account.

What is there to retire?

Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 05:02 PM   #15
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
I don't understand...joined in 2013, only one post, the one asking to retire the account.

What is there to retire?

Decluttering is something one does in a pandemic or similar, I did it last year after a spell in an ICU.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote