Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 05-17-2020, 01:14 PM   #1
PMrev
Groupie
PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: kindle
Android Version: 5.4.4.9 Released (Cloud Connection Book Covers + More)

Hey Everyone,

We just released version 5.4.4.9 (400) to production, it should be available in the Playstore in the next couple of hours.

Release Notes:

1. Cloud connection bringing over book covers
2. Box Cloud Connection fixed
3. Content Server Username and Password requested every time connecting - Changed to less frequently

If you identify any issues please send them to ccfeedback@goldtreeway.com.

Thank you,
Alex
PMrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 02:03 PM   #2
Serenity23
Serenity23 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I have a Likebook Ares that I'm testing out (and a Onyx Boox Nova 2).

I tried connecting to Amazon Cloud Drive, and I got this error:

Cloud Provider Internal Error

CC is unable to communicate with the cloud provider. The could connection will close. On the next connect, you will be required to re-authenticate with the provider. (Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String.com.multipie.cclibrary.Cloud.Ama zon.Endpoints.getContentURL()' on a null object reference).

I can't email the log because the device doesn't allow emails to be sent.
Serenity23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 02:22 PM   #3
Serenity23
Serenity23 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
EDIT: Downloaded on my phone and emailed the debug log.

Second Issue: One Drive not allowing me to "select" Calibre library.

I switched to One Drive, logged in successfully, but when it asked me to select my Calibre library. It doesn't give me an "okay" option once the folder is selected. It is either "up/back" or "cancel".

I'll email this second issue to you as well.
Serenity23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 02:31 PM   #4
PMrev
Groupie
PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity23 View Post
I have a Likebook Ares that I'm testing out (and a Onyx Boox Nova 2).

I tried connecting to Amazon Cloud Drive, and I got this error:

Cloud Provider Internal Error

CC is unable to communicate with the cloud provider. The could connection will close. On the next connect, you will be required to re-authenticate with the provider. (Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String.com.multipie.cclibrary.Cloud.Ama zon.Endpoints.getContentURL()' on a null object reference).

I can't email the log because the device doesn't allow emails to be sent.
Responded via email to you.

But basically Amazon Cloud connection is a deprecated function within CC. Their API updates caused this to happen and has been an issue for months now, not related to this release.

Will look into this further to see LOE for applying to roadmap.
Old 05-17-2020, 03:03 PM   #5
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
A quite old post from previous developers suggested that it was Amazon who were removing all 3rd party API access to their cloud.
It is still in FAQ or stickies somewhere

Amazon don't give out such info to general public. But as you now own the old version still in their app store, you may be able to get an update.

I suspect the option is long gone, I can't think off any other apps that do still have Amazon cloud access.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 04:44 AM   #6
scurrell
scurrell began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Pixel 4 XL
OneDrive book covers now showing correctly, but still having to log into OneDrive every time I use the app.
scurrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 10:16 AM   #7
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurrell View Post
OneDrive book covers now showing correctly, but still having to log into OneDrive every time I use the app.
After a reboot.
Whenever I try to connect to a Cloud provider I get the error message:
Quote:
Cloud provider internal error
CC is unable to communicate with the cloud provider. The cloud connection will close. On the nextconnect you will be required to re-authenticate with the provider. ( Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String com.multipie.cclibrary.Cloud.OneDrive.Metadata.get LastModifiedDateTime()' on a null object reference)
The same happens wich Box.
But in 5.4.3.3 it works.

Please make the possibility for downgrading to a working version.
Now it isnt possible.
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 01:00 PM   #8
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It does not matter how many threads you post the same moan to.

google does not allow developers to put multiple versions into play store and android does not have a roll back facility

And I have twice already told you the workarounds

It's not anyone else's fault that you did not bother to make a backup of the version you liked.
Old 05-18-2020, 01:15 PM   #9
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
It does not matter how many threads you post the same moan to.

google does not allow developers to put multiple versions into play store and android does not have a roll back facility

And I have twice already told you the workarounds

It's not anyone else's fault that you did not bother to make a backup of the version you liked.
I have a backup, but i cannot downgrade.
I got the simple message - not installed.
Old 05-18-2020, 01:21 PM   #10
stumped
Wizard

If you have a backup installer then all you do is uninstall the current version and install from that apk
I have done it with other apps.
How did you make the backup, with what backup and restore app.has to be an app, so you can't just backup a data folder
Old 05-18-2020, 02:29 PM   #11
PMrev
Groupie

Noted for the "Re-authenticating to OneDrive and Box" when re-booting the app.

Working on correcting this now.
Old 05-18-2020, 02:39 PM   #12
stumped
Wizard

I can confirm , 4.4.9. Dropbox reconnects ok, but. box prompts for credentials . That is without a restart, just with opening cc.
I don't have one drive. And i dont have password protect on content server
Have you been able to get any info from Amazon as to whether future support of Amazon drive may be possible ( there may be little or no demand for that though, so maybe ask before allocating resources )

Box and Google drive have the most generous free tier plans for hosting calibre libraries. 10gb, 15gb
Not sure how reliable the Google sync with desktop app is nowadays though. Syncing to box virtual drive with free file sync seems to work well.
For a library backup, you need enough space And a fast reliable upload process
Old 05-18-2020, 03:29 PM   #13
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
Box and Google drive have the most generous free tier plans for hosting calibre libraries. 10gb, 15gb
No, this is Mega with 50 GB free, and this Cloud would be nice.
Only problem is limited transfer in free accounts with 5 GB in 5 hours.

Last edited by ottischwenk; 05-18-2020 at 03:39 PM.
Old 05-18-2020, 03:41 PM   #14
stumped
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
No, this is Mega with 50 GB free, and this Cloud would be nice.
Only problem is limited transfer 5 GB in 5 hours.
Mega encrypts everything in a way that probably prevents any app connection for library browse. The over-the-top super encrypted design is all wrong for it to ever work as a calibre library cloud server
Old 05-18-2020, 10:14 PM   #15
vikarti
Groupie
vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
OneDrive works... for several hours. After that - error message again and relogin on next connect.
Covers are here.
vikarti is offline   Reply With Quote