Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-24-2020, 07:50 AM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thasaidon View Post
Yes I use it regularly but that is not the kind of "magic button" I was joking about.

Anyway I have been able to find more details about the errors I was talking about

the string "prefix="calibre: https://calibre-ebook.com" is sometimes included in row one of the OPF and ePubcheck throws it up as an error

ePub check also throws up errors if it finds the following in the OPF

<manifest>
<item id="id4" href="Fonts/LiberationSerif-Bold.ttf" media-type="application/octet-stream"/>
<item id="id3" href="Fonts/LiberationSerif-BoldItalic.ttf" media-type="application/octet-stream"/>
<item id="id2" href="Fonts/LiberationSerif-Italic.ttf" media-type="application/octet-stream"/>
<item id="id1" href="Fonts/LiberationSerif-Regular.ttf" media-type="application/octet-stream"/>

</manifest>

As I said earlier these two problems can be easily solved with a simple manual deletion.

The other problems I have come across are rarer and I was not been able to work out a manual fix.

If you are interested I will be starting working on my books again in a few days and can post details of these rarer errors here when I find them.

Murphy ruling the universe though, will probably mean it may take some time to find some.
With those incorrect font entries in the OPF, if you were to use the built-in error checker, you get the option to fix the error and Calibre would fix the error.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 10:12 PM   #17
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
With those incorrect font entries in the OPF, if you were to use the built-in error checker, you get the option to fix the error and Calibre would fix the error.
Thanks, I will check that but in the past it has never appeared to cure this. Hence my original interest in the OPF Cleaner.
Thasaidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 10:17 PM   #18
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
In my experience, all of calibre's various attributes are properly formatted and/or namespaced and thus valid accoording to epub specs (and epubcheck compliant). If Epubcheck complains about any of them, I suspect it's because a piece that made them valid was manually removed.
You may be right but if so it was done before I was gifted the book.
Thasaidon is offline   Reply With Quote