Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-22-2022, 08:10 AM   #1
wakkaday
Groupie
wakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle Oasis
best apps for nova air c - reddit? rss? feedly? browswer? - reccomendations

what are you guys using for nova air c for best performance on this e ink or similar devices

i am using the default reader
default note system (would like to use one note, so it syncs across devices)
using default browswer
offical reddit app - is there anything better
and feedly for rss feeds?

suggestions
thanks
wakkaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 12:39 PM   #2
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
i'd say

- gboard as alternative keyboard
(sometime i even dictate small notes to the default note app )
- einkbro
- pocket(to save web longform articles from computer and have it on the reader)
- androsearch (to index books/pdf content)
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 12:50 AM   #3
winstonma
Zealot
winstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Onyx Boox Nova
I put all my content in Dropbox and use DropSync to sync a specific folder onto my Onyx.

Alternatively I use Telegram to transfer files too. I created a group of one (create a group of two and then kick one people out) and put all the files/message inside that group, using Desktop or my phone. Then on Onyx I installed Telegram X for receiving message/files.

For notes I am trying Notion. It is a bit complicated but very powerful.

See if that works for you.

Last edited by winstonma; 04-23-2022 at 12:52 AM.
winstonma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 02:34 AM   #4
SleepWithMachine
not meant sexually
SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Nova Air C
No recommendation but a question: Is there a way to install the classic Android navigation (forward /back /home). I don't like the floating point
SleepWithMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 07:40 AM   #5
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
I sync all my devices using AdbSync.exe (in my sig) and a makefile (or a batch file if you prefer).

I hate on-screen navigation thingies like the Navigation Ball or Magic Buttons. I find the three bottom-up swipes convenient enough.

I was working on not using Magisk and I set SELinux to permissive to work out some stuff. Strangely enough the stock navigation bar appeared at the bottom of the screen. The icons are black but on some screens so is the background. No, running in permissive is not the solution. There is too much junk running on your device to let it be without limits. Still, it shows that the NavBar is close to working.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nav2.png
Views:	141
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	193428  
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 12:16 PM   #6
wakkaday
Groupie
wakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle Oasis
How do you instal that nav bar ?
wakkaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 01:37 PM   #7
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Mmm, it looks like it was designed to be enabled with "runtime overlays" (which is a new thing to me too). They're basically framework mods without having to mod files. I've tried some of the color themes and they work out, but the navigation ones don't seem to work.
Spoiler:
Code:
# cmd overlay list
android
[ ] com.android.internal.display.cutout.emulation.corner
[ ] com.android.internal.display.cutout.emulation.double
[ ] com.android.theme.icon.square
[ ] com.android.internal.systemui.navbar.gestural_wide_back
[ ] com.android.theme.color.cinnamon
[ ] com.android.theme.icon_pack.rounded.android
[ ] com.android.internal.display.cutout.emulation.tall
[ ] com.android.theme.color.black
[ ] com.android.theme.color.green
[ ] com.android.theme.color.ocean
[ ] com.android.theme.color.space
[ ] com.android.internal.systemui.navbar.threebutton
[ ] com.android.internal.systemui.navbar.twobutton
[ ] com.android.internal.systemui.navbar.gestural_extra_wide_back
[ ] com.android.theme.icon.teardrop
[ ] com.android.theme.font.notoserifsource
[ ] com.android.theme.icon_pack.filled.android
[ ] com.android.theme.icon.squircle
[ ] com.android.internal.systemui.navbar.gestural
[ ] com.android.theme.color.orchid
[ ] com.android.theme.color.purple
[ ] com.android.theme.icon.roundedrect
[ ] com.android.internal.systemui.navbar.gestural_narrow_back
[ ] com.android.theme.icon_pack.circular.android

com.android.launcher3
--- com.android.theme.icon_pack.rounded.launcher
--- com.android.theme.icon_pack.filled.launcher
--- com.android.theme.icon_pack.circular.launcher

com.android.settings
[ ] com.android.theme.icon_pack.filled.settings
[ ] com.android.theme.icon_pack.circular.settings
[ ] com.android.theme.icon_pack.rounded.settings

com.android.wallpaper
--- com.android.theme.icon_pack.circular.themepicker
--- com.android.theme.icon_pack.filled.themepicker

com.qualcomm.location.XT
[x] com.qualcomm.qti.optinoverlay

com.android.systemui
[ ] com.android.theme.icon_pack.rounded.systemui
[ ] com.android.theme.icon_pack.filled.systemui
[ ] com.android.theme.icon_pack.circular.systemui

There's also:
Code:
# settings get secure navigation_mode
So, in short, I don't know.
Old 04-28-2022, 04:29 AM   #8
bazookajoe
Connoisseur
bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.

Device: Onyx Leaf, excessive amount of Android devices
Interesting little sidenote for Renate: your custom recovery you made me for my Leaf gave me back the classic Android nav-bar until next reboot when it was sadly perma-gone.
bazookajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 04:25 PM   #9
SleepWithMachine
not meant sexually
SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

the classic navbar can be installed with "navigation bar" from the playstore. However, autostart does not work, i.e. the app has to be started manually each time.

Apparently no 3rd party app will work with autostart ?!

I tried to change this with the magisk module "app systemizer", but I didn't get any further
Old 04-29-2022, 07:06 PM   #10
Renate
Wizard

Hmm, is the background on the navbar always contrasting? Does the active width of the screen shrink? Could you link me the apk?
Old 04-30-2022, 12:44 AM   #11
SleepWithMachine
not meant sexually

No, screen doesnt shrink. Transparency and everything else is adjustable

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...?id=nu.nav.bar

but as written, the app doesnt stay in memory.

edit: now i managed to declare navigation bar as a system app. (via app_systemizer v18)
Unfortunately, autostart is still not possible

Last edited by SleepWithMachine; 04-30-2022 at 02:37 AM.
Old 05-05-2022, 07:00 AM   #12
SleepWithMachine
not meant sexually

FlipaClip - draw and create 2D Animations

Runs perfectly on the Air C, actually made for the device