Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-23-2022, 11:51 AM   #1
zink
zink began at the beginning.

Device: boox poke 3
Did Neoreader change? Poke3

After not using my poke3 for a week i opened it today, and noticed that the neoreader interface seems to be different? Did neoreader get updated, or am I mistaken?
Version 33918 3c96bde

Under Format:
- I thought there were options for orientation, but i dont see any
- there is something called 'others' which apparently toggles chinese
- the font size selector for any book i open is on the smallest value, so i cant make it smaller
- reflow is under navigation, but once opened it closes the rest of the menu and you cant go back to it.
- same goes for the 'more' option.

How can revert to the previous version?
zink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 09:05 AM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
It probably updated to the 3.2.1 version.
You can see that under "Build number" in the stock settings (and maybe the Onyx).
2022-03-30_21-00_3.2.1_2ddc081

Since "kreader" is under /system/app you'll probably need Magisk to replace it.
You'll also have to find an older copy of kreader. It can be dug out of an update but it takes a bit of doing.

I don't use the kreader, but the font size sounds like a deal breaker.
We could compare old and new and figure out how to patch it.

It seems strange that such a simple thing as font size keeps on popping up in reader apps. (I'm looking at you, B&N.) Why not have a wide range with small increments between sizes? Often there is stupid CSS in a book that you have to enlage/shrink the font more than usual if you don't want to defeat the CSS entirely.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 02:15 AM   #3
winstonma
Zealot
winstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Onyx Boox Nova
I am not sure but you can also try updating Neoreader, you can get the latest Onyx App from the other post.
winstonma is offline   Reply With Quote