Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-17-2011, 12:35 PM   #1
Berry Black
Berry Black began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360 Plus
Question Battery Charging for Pocketbook 360 Plus

Hello,
I got my Pocketbook 360 Plus last week and did not find this forum until now. My Pocketbook battery came half-charged and I went ahead and used it until it ran out and asked to be recharged. I am recharging now. I have 2 questions:

1. I read previous posts that I was supposed to charge the device full before first use, even if the battery came partially charged. How badly did I mess up my battery by not doing it?

2. I am using my device to read and change settings while it is charging for the first time. Is this ok?

Thanks!
Berry Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 01:41 PM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Hi Berry Black, welcome to Mobileread!

It would have been better to charge the device after you've got it but I think you have not messed anything up. Take into account that the battery meter will need some charging circles until it works reliable.
And nothing wrong with point 2, too.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2011, 03:14 PM   #3
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry Black View Post
1. I read previous posts that I was supposed to charge the device full before first use, even if the battery came partially charged. How badly did I mess up my battery by not doing it?
I do not think so
Quote:
2. I am using my device to read and change settings while it is charging for the first time. Is this ok?
It is OK. Just let it charge overnight.
PocketBook company claims that you have to charge the battery for a long time when charging for the first time. I do not understand why that is needed for Lithium Ion battery.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 04:20 PM   #4
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
the main reason for the advice to charge it before first use is as Billi says- the charge indicator may not be "calibrated". so people find their ereader not responding correctly or other issues and they believe they have half a charge left when really they have almost none at all.

im sure you have dont no woory at having messed anything up.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 04:33 PM   #5
Berry Black

Thank you for the responsed

Thank you everyone for the responses to my post . I can relax a bit now and concentrate on customizing my pocketbook.
Advert
Old 09-17-2011, 04:56 PM   #6
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Quote:
Hello,
I got my Pocketbook 360 Plus last week and did not find this forum until now. My Pocketbook battery came half-charged and I went ahead and used it until it ran out and asked to be recharged. I am recharging now. I have 2 questions:

Thanks!
It is absolutely OK, you're not messing with the battery of your PB360+, even more, you did it absolutely correct - first drained the accu, then charge it to the max
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:47 PM   #7
Berry Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-PocketBooker View Post
It is absolutely OK, you're not messing with the battery of your PB360+, even more, you did it absolutely correct - first drained the accu, then charge it to the max
That was my reasoning. I thought it was charged before it was sent to me. And of course, I didn't read the manual. Just turned it on and started playing with it .

Tags
pocketbook 360 battery