Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 08-11-2017, 04:18 PM   #961
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (retired), AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain View Post
Quick question. Just received my Kobo Aura One. Should I use device's suggested options and set it up through Wifi, make an account and update firmware or are those steps unnecesary if I intend to use Koreader?
This might not be the right thread for your post. The KOReader WiKi includes instructions for "installing" KOReader on various devices including Kobos. I avoid a connection to the Kobo servers, as much as possible, but you will probably have to run through the setup process in Nickel at least once before adding KSM and KOReader. There are ways to patch Nickel so that the auto-updating and other ills can be avoided. One of the issues with the KA1 is that it needs the newer firmware, so you can't operate it using a v3.x Firmware (as far as I know).

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2017, 05:53 PM   #962
Brain
Brain began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
This might not be the right thread for your post. The KOReader WiKi includes instructions for "installing" KOReader on various devices including Kobos. I avoid a connection to the Kobo servers, as much as possible, but you will probably have to run through the setup process in Nickel at least once before adding KSM and KOReader. There are ways to patch Nickel so that the auto-updating and other ills can be avoided. One of the issues with the KA1 is that it needs the newer firmware, so you can't operate it using a v3.x Firmware (as far as I know).

Luck;
Ken
Ok, so it might have been good to avoid the updating so far. Could you clarify, what "Nickel" is?
Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 06:03 PM   #963
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (retired), AuraHD, PDA,
Nickel is the Kobo user interface that lets you run all the stock software, including the two reading engines.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 07:20 AM   #964
Frenzie
Addict
Frenzie shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Frenzie shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Frenzie shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Frenzie shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Frenzie shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Frenzie shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Frenzie shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Frenzie shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Frenzie shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Frenzie shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Frenzie shapes the world with his or her thoughts.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by coplate View Post
Yeah, two options.
There's also option #3. You convince @NiLuJe to transfer the program to the KOReader organization to decrease the bus factor.
Frenzie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 04:00 PM   #965
dantopa
dantopa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Hi, I have installed koreader on my Kindle Paperwhite 3 with wifi. I launch koreader via kual, the problem is when I try to turn on wifi. It always prompt me to activate wifi again and nothing happens. Maybe you can help me. Thanks
dantopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, launcher add-ons, lua, reader, touch