Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 10-05-2017, 08:15 AM   #136
Frenzie
Addict
Frenzie is the king of the Divan.Frenzie is the king of the Divan.Frenzie is the king of the Divan.Frenzie is the king of the Divan.Frenzie is the king of the Divan.Frenzie is the king of the Divan.Frenzie is the king of the Divan.Frenzie is the king of the Divan.Frenzie is the king of the Divan.Frenzie is the king of the Divan.Frenzie is the king of the Divan.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
For the moment I think we can say Android 2.3-7 on ARM. It looks like your tablet is Intel, which I don't think works for some reason or other (if someone would like to work toward an x86 Android build, PRs welcome).

The vast majority of problems are related to LuaJIT memory allocation. Either it can be extremely slow or it can cause crashes.

This is what KOReader does by default:
https://github.com/koreader/android-...id.lua#L19-L22

These are ways in which a user can experiment a bit on top of that, although in patch.lua it might be a touch late:
https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-150629399
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2017, 08:29 AM   #137
latepaul
Guru
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety
Thanks. I hadn't realised the Hudl was intel.

Haven't done any Android development for a few years and even then I only dabbled so don't hold your breath on the PRs!
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 04:18 AM   #138
misojogi
Enthusiast
misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Sony PRS -500, Sony PRS505, Kindle3, Kindle DXG, Prestigio
Koreader canot open DJVU on Android
is there anything new?
misojogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:18 AM   #139
Frenzie
Addict
Frenzie is the king of the Divan.Frenzie is the king of the Divan.Frenzie is the king of the Divan.Frenzie is the king of the Divan.Frenzie is the king of the Divan.Frenzie is the king of the Divan.Frenzie is the king of the Divan.Frenzie is the king of the Divan.Frenzie is the king of the Divan.Frenzie is the king of the Divan.Frenzie is the king of the Divan.

I laid out a solution here: https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-320633152

I think it mostly just comes down to commenting out some stuff, but there's a lot of stuff.

I suggest poking @marmistrz. :P
Old 10-06-2017, 02:03 PM   #140
latepaul
Guru
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So I managed to set up a build environment that can build an apk with the same behaviour (i.e. it fails on Oreo trying to load libmupdf). I shall have a play around and see if I can find out more.

Still not planning to create an intel version though. Sorry!
Old 10-06-2017, 05:28 PM   #141
Frenzie
Addict

Awesome, thanks!

Btw, if you pull the assets/dl.lua from this file it might help give you some more output in trying to figure out what I've overlooked.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:37 PM   #142
latepaul
Guru

Thanks for that. Helped me figure out enough to get it working for me. I've put the gory details on the github issue.
Old 10-14-2017, 05:59 AM   #143
Frenzie
Addict

Today's nightly (v2015.11-1339-gb4bb322) should be functional on Android 8 thanks to @latepaul's testing.
Old 10-14-2017, 05:09 PM   #144
Frenzie
Addict

Tomorrow's nightly (v2015.11-1343-something or higher, don't know yet) will finally enable DjVu rendering on Android.

https://github.com/koreader/koreader-base/pull/546
https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/3358