Notices

Old 04-11-2022, 07:37 PM   #31
tylpk
Enthusiast
tylpk has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle Paperwhite3, Hisense A5, HyRead Gaze Pocket, Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPaul View Post
your script seems to disconnect the BT device and disable Bluetooth. The problem is how to enable it back once out of KOReader...
I found that on Linux it should be done with "systemctl enable bluetooth". Unfortunately there is no systemctl command within Kobo Linux.
I forgot to use command to enable Bluetooth to check whether it works or not. Maybe we can try these commands ?
Quote:
#!/bin/sh

# run BT daemon
/libexec/bluetooth/bluetoothd&

# for BT controller
bluetoothctl agent on
bluetoothctl power on

# for paired BT device.
bluetoothctl connect
tylpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 04:49 AM   #32
CyberPaul
Groupie
CyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Voyage - Tolino Vision 4 HD - Kobo Sage
Shouldn't bin/bluealsa be launched again too?
CyberPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2022, 07:51 PM   #33
tylpk
Enthusiast
tylpk has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle Paperwhite3, Hisense A5, HyRead Gaze Pocket, Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Shouldn't bin/bluealsa be launched again too?
Even I launch bluealsa again (/bin/bluealsa -S -i hci0), the BT is still off. This problem is not easy to solve it now.

I also tried rmmod and insmod Wi-Fi/BT chip module. It didn't work.
tylpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 01:24 PM   #34
CyberPaul
Groupie
CyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheese

I heard that something changed about bluetooth enablement in the latest firmware (4.32). For instance, when you go in the bluetooth option, it doesn't get automatically activated anymore. Any chance that above actions can work now?
Old 04-23-2022, 01:51 PM   #35
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
FWIW, I sneaked something in KOReader nightlies a few days ago to try to deal with BT in a saner way. My BT keyboard is out of battery, so I haven't actually tried with the device actually paired to anything, but I was able to restart nickel while starting koreader with BT enabled without it breaking.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2022, 06:24 AM   #36
CyberPaul
Groupie

Awesome! Hope we can get this as part of the next stable version.
Old 05-04-2022, 01:12 PM   #37
CyberPaul
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
FWIW, I sneaked something in KOReader nightlies a few days ago to try to deal with BT in a saner way. My BT keyboard is out of battery, so I haven't actually tried with the device actually paired to anything, but I was able to restart nickel while starting koreader with BT enabled without it breaking.
I tried the nightly build koreader-kobo-v2022.03.1-44-g9de0df81_2022-05-03.
Unfortunately I experienced the same issue: BT breaks and cannot be enabled anymore
Old 05-04-2022, 02:12 PM   #38
CyberPaul
Groupie

Just to check, I started from an OCP installation and I installed the nightly on it simply by replacing .adds/koreader directory (with related sub-directories). Did I do it correctly?
After that I noticed a problem with font change: in some books I'm not able to change the font! Even though it seems to get the new font, it is not actually using it.
I tried to reinstall KFMon and KOReader and now I got an error at any reboot:
"[KFMon] Internal storage unavailable, bye!"
What is happening?! Please help me!
Old 05-04-2022, 05:04 PM   #39
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Quote:
"[KFMon] Internal storage unavailable, bye!"
That's not an error, that's normal behavior for a warm reboot.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 06:12 PM   #40
CyberPaul
Groupie

Ok, thanks. I simply have to hide messages as I did in the past. Any hint about the fonts?
Also did I install correctly the nightly build?

Last edited by CyberPaul; 05-05-2022 at 03:15 AM.
Old 05-06-2022, 08:55 AM   #41
npr
Zealot
npr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura, H2OE2, Libra 2
Got a cheap Bluetooth controller from Amazon to hopefully act as a page turner with my Libra 2 (no make or model so see attached picture to ID).
Needless to say It didn't work straight from the box, but with tsowell's plugin installed and using the following config file it's now working fine.

Setup details:
Mode: android mode 1
Switch: game

BT ID: Gamepad

config file:
/.btpt/Gamepad
prevPage EV_ABS ABS_X 0
nextPage EV_ABS ABS_X 255
prevPage EV_ABS ABS_Y 255
nextPage EV_ABS ABS_Y 0

Many many thanks to tsowell for publishing this plugin.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BTcontroller.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	5.2 KB
ID:	193645  
npr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 06:47 AM   #42
a2x
a2x began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Hi!
I tried this on my Libra 2 running 4.33.19759 with no success, could someone that has this working confirm that it works on a version equal or higher than mine?

Also, what is the easiest way to check logs of my Libra? Do I have to ssh into it while it is running?

Thanks, Alex
a2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 07:11 AM   #43
a2x

I got it working with a 8Bitdo SN30 Pro, so it was my other device not working properly.

Thanks tsowell!

(I could not edit my previous message since it is older than 5min)
Old 08-07-2022, 07:12 AM   #44
a2x

I got it working with a 8Bitdo SN30 Pro, so it was my other device not working properly.

Thanks tsowell!
Old 08-07-2022, 08:16 PM   #45
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
The system described here works fine for me on my Kobo Libra 2:

https://www.reddit.com/r/kobo/commen...ally_cross_my/

This is the exact page turner discussed in the above article; color doesn't matter -- I have both the blue and the white, and both work fine. The rechargeable internal battery lasts for a very long time on a charge; I've yet to have to recharge and I've been using them heavily for many weeks. Single press pages forward; double press pages backward:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002613561422.html

This is my relevant Nickel Menu code:

Code:
menu_item :main    :Bluetooth Patch (toggle) :cmd_output       :500:quiet :rmmod -w /mnt/onboard/.adds/kobo-libra2-uhid-module/uhid.ko
  chain_success:skip:3
  chain_failure                              :cmd_spawn        :quiet :exec /mnt/onboard/.adds/kobo-libra2-uhid-module/run.sh
  chain_success                              :dbg_toast        :Page turner ENABLED
  chain_always:skip:-1
  chain_success                              :dbg_toast        :Page turner disabled
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote