Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-23-2013, 04:06 PM   #196
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
That would be very convenient.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:13 AM   #197
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
I think it can be plugin argument. Something like:

QWS_DISPLAY=Transformed:KoboFb:Rot90:inverted
More deep investigation shows that I can't do it on Transformed display quickly. QTransformedScreen uses it's own blit() function. So, we can have either inversion without transformation or transformation without inversion
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:24 AM   #198
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

[2013-08-24] Dear friends! The new version of KoboLauncher (pbchess-1.2.6) is released! There are a lot of improvements in the chess and notepad. Please help me with testing.

Download link
User manual
New in chess

New in notepad:

1. Open multiple files (each file has it's own tab)
2. Support multiple keyboard layouts (input languages). You can easily add your own layout in the kdb.txt file.
3. Load last opened files at startup
4. Font size +/-
5. CapsLock
6 ...

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 08-24-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:30 AM   #199
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
More deep investigation shows that I can't do it on Transformed display quickly. QTransformedScreen uses it's own blit() function. So, we can have either inversion without transformation or transformation without inversion
Thank you for clarification.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:36 AM   #200
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
The download link is not working. The new features of notepad sound good.
Edit: the link in the first post is working!

Last edited by tshering; 08-24-2013 at 11:39 AM.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:44 AM   #201
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
404 file not found for download.

Edit; What "tshering" said.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 08-24-2013 at 11:46 AM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:01 PM   #202
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
The download link is not working. The new features of notepad sound good.
Edit: the link in the first post is working!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
404 file not found for download.

Edit; What "tshering" said.

Luck;
Ken
Thanks, the links are fixed
Old 08-24-2013, 03:32 PM   #203
tshering
Wizard

Sergey, I just launched the chess application. Since I usually don't play games on my Touch, I don't know how the previous versions looked. This version opens in landscape view, and when you exit it, the Kobolauncher is also in landscape view, but it does not resize accordingly. The effect is that the power off and the exit buttons are outside the screen, and you can see only a little of the reboot button.Therefore one has to open chess again, and change the orientation, or to reboot.

Note: After two or three reboots the chess starts in portrait. I guess I triggered somehow the behavior I described above.

Last edited by tshering; 08-24-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-24-2013, 03:40 PM   #204
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Sergey, I just launched the chess application. Since I usually don't play games on my Touch, I don't know how the previous versions looked. This version opens in landscape view, and when you exit it, the Kobolauncher is also in landscape view, but it does not resize accordingly. The effect is that the power off and the exit buttons are outside the screen, and you can see only a little of the reboot button.Therefore one has to open chess again, and change the orientation, or to reboot.
Thanks! I'll add the scrolling to KoboLauncher today and make the chess initially open in portrait.

P.S. You can change the screen orientation in chess: MENY/Settings/View/Orientation
Old 08-24-2013, 06:00 PM   #205
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
I'll add the scrolling to KoboLauncher today and make the chess initially open in portrait.
Did you see how I do the menu selection? I use a listWidget. This works fine. The scroll bar is a little thin, an might be a problem for big fingers. I tried to make it larger, but can make it work only under windows. If I compile it for the Kobo the scroll bar width does not change.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:08 PM   #206
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Did you see how I do the menu selection? I use a listWidget. This works fine. The scroll bar is a little thin, an might be a problem for big fingers. I tried to make it larger, but can make it work only under windows. If I compile it for the Kobo the scroll bar width does not change.
I used a custom style for scroll bar and I can configure it's width. You can specify in notepad.ini or in the pbchess.ini:

e.g.

scrollbar_size=40

I can share my "StyleEbook" class.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:11 PM   #207
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
I can share my "StyleEbook" class.
I would much appreciate this. I am completely new to Qt and C++. I can hardly make head or tail of most things there.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:20 PM   #208
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
I would much appreciate this. I am completely new to Qt and C++. I can hardly make head or tail of most things there.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1pbr64ey46a3kyn/NL-gfxBtsv

How to use it:

#include "StyleEbook.h"

QApplication app...
app.setStyle(new StyleEbook(style()));

I need to invent a new style special for scrollbar because I couldn't make variable-width scrollbar using Qt stylesheets.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:26 PM   #209
tshering
Wizard

Thank you. You are very generous. I was searching the net for hours without finding a solution.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:14 PM   #210
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Kobo launcher updated!

Kobo launcher updated!

Improvements:
* Scrolling is added to kobo launcher. Now you can add as manu applications as you wish!
* Screen rotation added. You can rotate screen (portrait/landscape mode)
* Nice images for reboot and poweroff are added! You also can add your own images
* Usb network improved! Now you can see the following messages: "usb network started!", "usb network stopped!", "usb network error!" Also I determine device type (freescale or ntx508) and use appropriate drivers!

Dear users, please confirm that all the improvements are work ok.

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 08-26-2013 at 12:44 PM.