Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 04-22-2010, 11:41 AM   #1
aug_aug
aug_aug doesn't litteraug_aug doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Kindle 1 - works - but freezes sometimes (*price cut) $65 obo

This Kindle 1 works great when plugged in but freezes intermittently when on battery. It comes with the original battery and a 3rd party extra battery. I thought that would cure the freezing problem but it didn't.

Maybe you know more than me and can repair it? Or you need it for parts?

Anyway, since it technically still functions when plugged in and about 40% of the time on battery, I'll say $65.00 OBO. I will ship in the US - shipping included.

Please PM with any other questions.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-26-2010 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Sold by OP
aug_aug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 05:07 PM   #2
rock
Addict
rock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Nook, Astak EZ Reader Pocket, iPhone 3g, Droid
I know I am having freezing Issues with my Astak, but I am kind of interested in this.

The Kindle 1 has 3g right?

Also could you take pictures of said device?

I am also curious, since it is used, I would have no problem putting my amazon account on it right? (used Kindle app on iPhone before).
rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2010, 05:39 PM   #3
aug_aug

This is what Wikipedia says "the device relies on Sprint's EVDO, AT&T's 3G network, or 1xRTT data services for Internet access" whatever that means. I'm pretty sure it's U.S. only though.

I'll post a couple of pics tonight or PM me your e-mail.

To switch accounts I would simply de-register my account >> then you re-register yours and all of your Amazon books come along.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:44 PM   #4
rock
Addict
rock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic something

Ok, I know it has whispernet, I was just wondering if v.1 still worked.

I am in PA, so in the US.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:35 PM   #5
aug_aug

How much would you pay for a non-functioning (well almost) Kindle 1st gen? Am I asking too much? I thought 65.00 would be cheap considering prices for the components here, but I'm not getting too many bites. Please comment.
Advert
Old 04-23-2010, 03:40 PM   #6
rock
Addict

I probably would. My E-reader has been giving me a lot of issues as well.

What I like about the kindle is the amazon store and the 3g (mine doesn't have either).

Mine seems to be working again for now. is it 65.00 or 75.00?

I also make sure I have enough money after I pay all my bills lol.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:27 PM   #7
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
aug, I think maybe we were waiting for the pics you were going to post -

pm'd you.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:01 PM   #8
aug_aug

Oops....sent them to your e-mail addresses...
Old 04-24-2010, 01:21 AM   #9
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
This is a reasonable deal if you're interested in getting a "new" refurbished Kindle from amazon. They charge $99 for an out-of-warranty replacement of a Kindle 1, so for $164 you can get yourself a functioning Kindle.

I gave away my broken Kindle 1 to someone else, and they were able to replace it this way.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 02:41 PM   #10
clerky96
Connoisseur
clerky96 began at the beginning.

Device: none
My daughter got a refurbished Kindle1 from Amazon for $150/free shipping but I heard they are no longer going to offer them because they are holding the remaining units for replacements. I already have a Kindle1 but if I still needed a reader for my dh (bought a jetbook lite), I'd be all over this deal.
clerky96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:43 PM   #11
rock
Addict

I maybe jumping on this now as my EZ reader froze again, and may have to send it back. the freezing problems on my reader makes it unable to use for hours!

I am tech savy, and usually fix things on my own, so I can probably fix this maybe.

Has anyone offered you yet or no?
Old 04-26-2010, 08:08 PM   #12
aug_aug

It's sold...sorry guys.

Tags
kindle sale cheap amazon