Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-05-2010, 12:01 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Ectaco Jetbook review

I found an interesting review over here. It's worth a read.
Quote:
This is one of my preferred ebook readers because the abilities it lacks are more than outweighed by the very low cost. The current firmware is limited; highlighting, annotation, TOCs, and hyperlinks don’t work. I didn’t realize until I bought it that there are times when I don’t care if I can use those features. I have any number of ebooks in my collection that all I want to do is advance one page at a time.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:16 PM   #2
RonF
Zealot
RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-300, K3 WiFi, K4 NT, PW2
Nice read. The Jetbook Lite is almost a disposable ereader at it's price I've seen it for ~$119 and have been tempted to pick it up myself. Everything I've read about them both have been very positive.
RonF is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2010, 03:43 PM   #3
Linda!
Enthusiast
Linda! has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Jetbook Lite
Very nice. A fair and accurate review and well written. Thank you for posting it.

I loved my JBL when I had it and was perfectly happy with it. Too bad it stopped working.
Linda! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:56 PM   #4
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
Would ebook readers, such as the Jetbook be able to include a dvd of, for example, the Project Gutenberg library? Is that within the license of PG?

It strikes me that being able to say, "Sure it costs $150, but you get 500 classic books with it, and 20000 more are available at... for free" might help people get over the "I'm not paying $150-300 for a book mentality.

That's how I justified my ebookwise...I just happened to know about PG.
guyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 05:59 PM   #5
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I found an interesting review over here. It's worth a read.
Err... didn't you write that review??
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2010, 06:05 PM   #6
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
Err... didn't you write that review??
Yes. I was trying to be subtle.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:13 AM   #7
LS650
Enthusiast
LS650 is on a distinguished road

Device: Android, Jetbook Lite
Your review says the JBL doesn't support DRM..?
LS650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:25 AM   #8
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS650 View Post
Your review says the JBL doesn't support DRM..?
No. I said the Jetbook doesn't support DRM. The Jetbook lite is a different model.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:54 AM   #9
LS650
Enthusiast
LS650 is on a distinguished road

Device: Android, Jetbook Lite
Ah - sorry.
I didn't know the JB regular model doesn't support DRM...

Last edited by LS650; 02-08-2010 at 11:15 AM.
LS650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:40 PM   #10
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Firmware to support DRM for the jetbook is being developed, they are close, but its not out yet.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote