Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-13-2010, 08:34 PM   #1
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Best Way to Delete Notices?

Between Instapaper, and Calibre, and stuff I send to free.kindle.com directly, my 3G K3 gets dozens of notices every week regarding "Personal Document Charge Exceeded" and "Personal Document(s) waiting for WiFi." Without exception, these are worthless to me.

The only semi-easy way I know of to get rid of them is to hook the Kindle to a PC USB port and then do a multi-select delete on them with Windows Explorer.

Is there an automated way to prevent or delete them that I may be missing?

Thanks for all ideas.

Last edited by SteveEisenberg; 12-13-2010 at 09:04 PM.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:54 AM   #2
wscott
wscott is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle
same here

Same problem here, they are very annoying and very time consuming to delete. Perhaps if Amazon made the warning to be like periodicals and lists all recent updates it would work out nicer.
wscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2010, 06:10 AM   #3
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
They can be a pain but there is no way I know of preventing these messages - and I guess Amazon wouldn't want them to be prevented because they're trying to make the Kindle accessible to people who may not be very tech-savvy.

So bottom line is either delete one-by-one off the Kindle or hook the Kindle up to your PC and delete the whole load in one go.

Be a very nice feature if the Kindle could delete multiple files at once - bit like the process where you can add multiple books into a collection, that would do nicely.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:12 AM   #4
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
That was one of the features that I loved on the K1. File Manager mode allows you to move/delete multiple books at once. There was even an option to select all items on the page.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 02:19 PM   #5
janvanmaar
Addict
janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3G, Samsung SIII
Hm, the only way I can think of is to get rid of all the messages by enabling SSH server on the Kindle (usbnetwork hack) and let the files to be sent there directly rather than via Amazon... But I certainly would not recommend it just because of this - it is not that simple to do and one cause himself problems if he doesn't know what he is doing.
janvanmaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert