Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-04-2010, 10:27 PM   #1
Stinger
Asha'man
Stinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo
'Date' Column

Where exactly does Calibre get the 'Date' column data?

I watched the new "What's New in 0.7" video by Kovid, and he mentioned the 'Date' field is when the book was added into Calibre. However, I have a few books that show 'Dec 2007' as the date, even though I created and added those books into Calibre a couple weeks ago.

If I look at the file properties of the Epub, they also show a May 2010 created and modified date.
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:32 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
EPUB files can have metadata that causes the date to be set. For example, change the date, save an epub file using save to disk and re-add it to calibre, you should see the date being the changed date rather than the date it was added.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:39 PM   #3
Stinger
Asha'man
Stinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-books

Ahhh! Thanks Kovid.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:50 PM   #4
gkbeer
Enthusiast
gkbeer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iPod Touch,
Ok, I saw this issue too. Is there a preference to make the date, always be the date of addition to the library.

I recently added 17 new EPUB books (recently bought from Bean Books) only to find them being listed as the oldest books books in the library.
gkbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 08:59 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkbeer View Post
Ok, I saw this issue too. Is there a preference to make the date, always be the date of addition to the library.

I recently added 17 new EPUB books (recently bought from Bean Books) only to find them being listed as the oldest books books in the library.
Add a custom date_added column (CC's are a great new feature) .

There are instructions, but preferences, interface is the place to start.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:21 PM   #6
Stinger
Asha'man

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Add a custom date_added column (CC's are a great new feature) .
Calibre won't accept the underscore.

EDIT: I was assuming using the specific name 'date_added' in the lookup field would link it to some form of an internal variable already set in the dbase.

Since the above doesn't seem to be the case, I made my own date added column, but it's blank for all the books. Is there a way to add this column so it autopopulates with the real date added?

Last edited by Stinger; 06-07-2010 at 09:27 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:36 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger View Post

EDIT: I was assuming using the specific name 'date_added' in the lookup field would link it to some form of an internal variable already set in the dbase.

Since the above doesn't seem to be the case, I made my own date added column, but it's blank for all the books. Is there a way to add this column so it autopopulates with the real date added?
Just double click in that column on the title row. Today's date (or type in a date)
Optionally:
highlight a bunch of records (to change )
Click the Edit Meta-data button.
Switch to the custom tab
Set the date you want ALL the selected records to have.
Done
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:49 AM   #8
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
My date column never changes from the date the file was added. My published column does if I pick metata with a published date?

I would dearly love to have an automatic downloaded copyright date but probably difficult to implement
Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:56 AM   #9
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
That is a mistake, which I have fixed.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote