Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 12-05-2019, 11:28 AM   #1
mdclanahan
Connoisseur
mdclanahan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad 6th Gen
Downloading books from Calibre Server

I have Marvin connected to Calibre content server/OPDS, and I see that I can "Enter multi-download mode," which lets me manually select multiple books to download. However, that is still going to take forever with a 4600 book library.

Within my library of books already in Marvin, I found a way to select all; however, that option appears to be missing when download books via OPDS. Is there a quicker way to download all books from my Calibre server without having to select each one? Or even if there were a way to hide books on the Calibre content server that are already on the device, that would help immensely.

Thanks,
mdclanahan

Last edited by mdclanahan; 12-05-2019 at 11:43 AM.
mdclanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 06:42 PM   #2
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Sorry, no there isn't. If you want to transfer that many books then you should just connect with a wired device...like iTunes *shudder*.

The whole purpose of an OPDS is that you don't HAVE to download all those books to your device - you simply download the few that you want/need as you need them. If you allow access to your OPDS server through the internet, then you can download any book(s), at any time, from anywhere.

In addition, you can use your Calibre content server/OPDS the way it was intended - as a library manager. You can view your entire library via a web browser - such as that on your phone/tablet - download selected books to your device for reading, or read directly in the browser.

Cheers,
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote