Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-12-2010, 09:05 AM   #1
paulak39
Connoisseur
paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: IpadAir; IpadMini2; FireHDX8.9; Kindle Voyage
Target clearance Sony readers

I don't know whether anyone posted this already, but just wanted to mention that I purchased a Sony PRS-600 for $85 at the Target near me in Albany, NY. They only had a couple left, but they also had the PRS-300 for $75. Another Target store in my area had them on clearance for 30% off, so it might take awhile for further discounts if they're still available.
P.S.: So far, I'm very happy with this reader, as long as I use under bright enough lighting.
Paula
paulak39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:30 PM   #2
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
when I looked a few days ago, my target had the 300 for $141. Lovely.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2010, 11:36 AM   #3
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Target dot Com has the Sony Touch brown cover for $8.88...
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:45 AM   #4
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
My Target has the PRS-300 for $179.

Oddly enough they have the PRS-600 for $149.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:58 AM   #5
kevrab
kevrab began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
The Target here in Battle Creek also had them on clearance. They also had a Kindle 3 on display even though it was a store model that just had the stock screen.
kevrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2010, 06:42 PM   #6
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
The Targets I went to in Niagara Falls, NY had the 300 for $128. Best Buy was still trying to sell them for $150 & $170. Walmart only seemed to have the 300's and they were $150 too.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:45 PM   #7
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevrab View Post
The Target here in Battle Creek also had them on clearance. They also had a Kindle 3 on display even though it was a store model that just had the stock screen.
Really? There was evidence already of Kindle 3's turning up in Target?

And, this just in: Kindle 3 wifi is now shipping without a delay and marked "in stock" at amazon.com.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:13 AM   #8
kevrab
kevrab began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
It was just a display model but it was a Kindle 3.

It was on a display surrounded by Kindle 2 sleeves and covers on clearance, not one Kindle 3 accessory.
kevrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:35 AM   #9
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
My Target only put out the Kindle display AFTER the K3 was announced (at least as far as I could find, and I looked), and it is still the K2. I think they needed to have a place to put all the K2 accessories that they dug out of the back and put on clearance.

I had looked and asked before, and no one knew anything about Kindles being sold there, then suddenly there is this display. They have tons of covers on clearance, but I don't remember for how much.

They are clueless about when the K3 is coming in. And they don't have the K2 in stock, just the display. What's the point now????
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:49 AM   #10
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
The Targets I went to in Niagara Falls, NY had the 300 for $128. Best Buy was still trying to sell them for $150 & $170. Walmart only seemed to have the 300's and they were $150 too.
Don't complain! Urende locally (Spain) have the prs 300 for €209.00 = $272.95

No sign of the 350 / 650 in Spain yet.
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:00 PM   #11
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
Don't complain! Urende locally (Spain) have the prs 300 for €209.00 = $272.95

No sign of the 350 / 650 in Spain yet.

I wasn't complaining. I've had my 300 since Christmas 2009. I was merely posting what I observed and the absurdity that Best Buy and even Walmart were selling the units for higher than Target.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:05 AM   #12
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
I wasn't complaining. I've had my 300 since Christmas 2009. I was merely posting what I observed and the absurdity that Best Buy and even Walmart were selling the units for higher than Target.
Not meant as criticism - perhaps I should have said -

You should be so lucky! Urende locally (Spa . . . . . . .
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 09:19 PM   #13
devarshib
devarshib began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
I just picked one up at the Target in Keizer, OR for $75 for my wife. She told me to sell it on craigslist, she's happy with her JBL apparently!
devarshib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:15 PM   #14
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshib View Post
I just picked one up at the Target in Keizer, OR for $75 for my wife. She told me to sell it on craigslist, she's happy with her JBL apparently!
Might be impolitic to mention this here, when you've posted that you're trying to selling it for $125 on another thread.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:32 PM   #15
devarshib
devarshib began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Good point, I thought about putting it on there after I'd posted here. It sounds like it's not available everywhere though. It and the cover might be a good deal for someone. If they can get it for $75, good for them!
devarshib is offline   Reply With Quote