Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 04-23-2009, 04:53 PM   #1
tcmoon
Connoisseur
tcmoon is on a distinguished road

Device: slate pc
Worth sending for screen repair from the USA?

how much will it cost?
tcmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:52 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The cost is €120, plus whatever the shipping costs are.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2009, 10:27 PM   #3
tcmoon
Connoisseur

do you think it would be worth spending the money on.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:43 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That's your decision. It's certainly a lot cheaper than buying a new machine!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 03:08 PM   #5
tcmoon
Connoisseur

How do I send it back and any idea how long it will take?
Advert
Old 04-29-2009, 04:50 AM   #6
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Contact bookeen at "contact at bookeen dot com", they will explain you how to do this
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:53 AM   #7
discourse
Connoisseur
discourse has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: NOOK Simple Touch with GlowLight, iPad 1
I think for US it is €100 + shipping. It's definitely worth fixing. I just got mine back from them and it looks like new!
discourse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:55 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It's definately cheaper then buying a new device. It's going to cost roughly $136 not including shipping to get it fixed. A new device is over $200.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:48 PM   #9
melw
melw began at the beginning.

Device: cybook
Just got mine back. It was a warranty repair. The video driver chip had failed.
The interesting thing was that it was repaired and returned to me. I was some what surprised to find the pid was the same.:-)
I was quite shocked to find that UPS wanted over $60.00 to ship from California to France.:-o
The post office was cheaper and slower.LOL
I am very happy to have it back. I was going out of my mind trying to read from paper books. I like to read over lunch. Much more difficult with a paper book.
Mel W.
melw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:46 AM   #10
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by melw View Post
Just got mine back. It was a warranty repair. The video driver chip had failed.
The interesting thing was that it was repaired and returned to me. I was some what surprised to find the pid was the same.:-)
I was quite shocked to find that UPS wanted over $60.00 to ship from California to France.:-o
The post office was cheaper and slower.LOL
I am very happy to have it back. I was going out of my mind trying to read from paper books. I like to read over lunch. Much more difficult with a paper book.
Mel W.
In my experience shipping around the globe, Fance and Italy have the slowest customs processing for postal shippments on the face of the earth. The problem with UPS/FedEx are they charge "brokerage fees" on both ends of the deal. Well, maybe they don't on the US end any longer but always on the other end. The receipient pays a fee for UPS acting in essence as a customs clearing house as well as paying any duties/VAT owed by the receipent. That is the reason UPS can get items faster by a week or more, into France and Italy. Shipping to these two countries usually takes 12-18 days over 70% of the time. And that is using Express Mail (EMS) or International Priority...no difference between the two services.

As a counter example, I can ship to Russia and Ukraine and it takes maybe 2-days to clear customs as a rule and last year 95% of our EMS deliveries arrived in under 7-days. Japan, pretty much there is at most a one day delay. Items I ship there arrive in around 5-days max. Of course because of the value and items I ship I set our policy to use only EMS...except to Italy where it makes no difference at all only more problematic from an insurance POV.

Another carrier worth considering, though not cheap, is DHL. We have had excellent results with their international and domestic services when we needed to use them. Unfortunately they are not doing US domestic shipping any longer...

Something to think about, sending something 9,000-12,000 (or whatever the real number) around the globe for just $60 is not that expensive for the service.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 04:57 PM   #11
tcmoon
Connoisseur

After two weeks and $165.00 I am happy with results. As for repaired or new, it is new as this one has 512 memory.
Old 05-25-2009, 06:52 PM   #12
discourse
Connoisseur
discourse has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: NOOK Simple Touch with GlowLight, iPad 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcmoon View Post
After two weeks and $165.00 I am happy with results. As for repaired or new, it is new as this one has 512 memory.
The repair is not cheap but they don't skimp on the quality!
discourse is offline   Reply With Quote