Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-09-2008, 12:33 PM   #1
c-not-k
Enthusiast
c-not-k could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.c-not-k could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.c-not-k could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.c-not-k could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.c-not-k could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.c-not-k could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.c-not-k could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.c-not-k could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.c-not-k could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.c-not-k could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.c-not-k could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Sony PRS 650, T3, Nook Color
Broken screen. Options?

Hello all,

I did a forum search, and didn't see what I was looking for. Anyway, my laptop fell on my reader (505) and damaged the screen. I browsed Sony's site and it stated that the exchange cost is $251 for a refurbished unit. That doesn't include taxes and shipping. For that I might as well a buy a new one.

That being said this is an electronic device. I assume a PRS-515 will come out eventually. Any new rumors of such a thing? If so I figure I have two choices in this regard; get the new reader when it comes out or get a 505 on closeout. (Assuming there are any available on closeout.)

I'm really happy with the 505, so I wouldn't mind getting another one of those.

Thoughts?

TIA
c-not-k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:44 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
You might check out this post (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28964). No one knows what Sony's up to. Could be they'll come out with a wifi or wireless version to compete with the Kindle.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2008, 06:32 PM   #3
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
It's a tricky one. But sony released the 505 in October. And the PRS500 in an earlier October. (Presumably well in time for the Christmas market.)

I would be very tempted to hold off for a few weeks, just in case.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:08 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I have to agree to hold off till maybe second week of October to see what Sony may or may not announce. And if you do end up buying a new 505, you can get the nice red one maybe.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:57 PM   #5
c-not-k
Enthusiast
c-not-k could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.c-not-k could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.c-not-k could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.c-not-k could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.c-not-k could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.c-not-k could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.c-not-k could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.c-not-k could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.c-not-k could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.c-not-k could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.c-not-k could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Sony PRS 650, T3, Nook Color
Thanks folks.

[yoda voice]Wait for announcement, I will.[/yoda voice]

The red one is tempting. I like my blue one, too. Like I read elsewhere, if there was a purple one, I'd be all over that.
c-not-k is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert