Notices

Old 03-31-2013, 10:16 AM   #1
pgfiore
Enthusiast
pgfiore began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Kindle cannot open calibre-received mobi books

Ciao a tutti
I sometimes face a weird issue with Calibre and my Amzon devices (a base Kindle and a pw).
I transfer a mobi ebook to them but when I try to read it, kindle fires "The selected item could not be opened. If you purchased this item from Amazon... delete and redownload...".

It does not happen always
The input ebook could be very different; Amazon, epub, doc
I use Calibre to de-drm and convert if needed.
All of them are updated to latest firmware, release.
It happens only for mobi; azw3 works (I use it as a workaround)
Calibre and K4PC can always open it.

Here enclosed an example (650kb); mobi from kindle which cannot open.

looking for any help. thank in advance
ciao
pf
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sherlock - Domani mi sposo.zip (673.5 KB, 256 views)
pgfiore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:40 PM   #2
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
This can happen if you have a corrupted file/book. Try a mobi to mobi conversion in Calibre and then reload the book to your kindle. Good Luck!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2013, 12:43 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Do not create mobi files containing KF8, some kindles have problems with them. There is a warning about that in the conversion dialog where you select the mobi type. If you want to use KF8 convert to azw3.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:20 AM   #4
pgfiore
Enthusiast
pgfiore began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I noted the warning about the "new" mobi format with KF8, but I thought it does not apply to my brand new pw...will make some tests moew using "old" mobi format only.
Thanks
ciao
pgfiore is offline   Reply With Quote