Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-18-2017, 03:37 PM   #76
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and 3, Scribe
After being alerted to the new Oasis by a post on MobileRead the day of the announcement, I ordered that same morning. Estimated delivery date is 10/31.
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 07:17 PM   #77
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyyz View Post
Nov 3 to 7. Ordered today.
WHAT? i ordered 6 days ago, oct 12, Wifi only 8gb no case, and my delivery date is estimated to be nov 13.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 05:05 AM   #78
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rem736 View Post
WHAT? i ordered 6 days ago, oct 12, Wifi only 8gb no case, and my delivery date is estimated to be nov 13.
That's the model that there seems to be a delay on, judging by this thread. The 32GB model is delivered much sooner.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 05:37 AM   #79
imabuddha
Electron Choreographer
imabuddha exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverimabuddha exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverimabuddha exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverimabuddha exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverimabuddha exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverimabuddha exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverimabuddha exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverimabuddha exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverimabuddha exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverimabuddha exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverimabuddha exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, PW2, Kobo Glo, Nook SimpleTouch, iPad, iPhone…
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That's the model that there seems to be a delay on, judging by this thread. The 32GB model is delivered much sooner.
In Japan it’s the opposite, probably because of manga’s popularity here.

Today I cancelled my previous order because I found out that Amazon has a ¥4000 discount code for paid prime members. I joined prime for a month, only ¥400 here, and reordered an 8GB for a savings of about $32. The new order has the same delivery date Oct. 31 to Nov. 3.

32GB models are backordered until 2nd half of Nov.

Last edited by imabuddha; 10-19-2017 at 05:44 AM.
imabuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 07:04 AM   #80
Gabriel.Voyager
Connoisseur
Gabriel.Voyager began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Kindle Voyage 3G, Kobo Aura H2O, iPad Mini Retina
Italy
Order today 19/10
Kindle oasis2 8GB delivery date 7-10 november
Cover waterproof black delivery date 3-7 november
Note:
The 1 november in Italy is holyday

Last edited by Gabriel.Voyager; 10-19-2017 at 09:13 AM.
Gabriel.Voyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 09:47 AM   #81
ElspethB
Passionate Reader
ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, Kobo Clara HD, Fire HD 8, Voyage, Oasis 3, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by rem736 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I had thought about waiting until my trade-in credit was received, but Harry encouraged me to order asap, which in my case was Oct. 12, the day after the announcement. I, too, ordered WiFi-only, 8GB, no special offers, no case, and received a delivery date of Nov. 13. My hope is that some people will cancel their pre-orders and I'll get mine sooner. If not, I'll just look on enviously at all you folks who get yours on Oct. 31!

Also, yesterday I received the $35 credit for my PW trade-in plus a $20 bonus toward a new Kindle. I didn't want to cancel my order, fearing an even later delivery date, so I was planning to call CS for help. But first I tried editing my order to change my payment options, and I was able to apply both the $35 and the $20 credit.
ElspethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 10:08 AM   #82
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElspethB View Post
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I had thought about waiting until my trade-in credit was received, but Harry encouraged me to order asap, which in my case was Oct. 12, the day after the announcement. I, too, ordered WiFi-only, 8GB, no special offers, no case, and received a delivery date of Nov. 13. My hope is that some people will cancel their pre-orders and I'll get mine sooner. If not, I'll just look on enviously at all you folks who get yours on Oct. 31!

Also, yesterday I received the $35 credit for my PW trade-in plus a $20 bonus toward a new Kindle. I didn't want to cancel my order, fearing an even later delivery date, so I was planning to call CS for help. But first I tried editing my order to change my payment options, and I was able to apply both the $35 and the $20 credit.
You just convinced me to hit the buy button, even though I haven't gotten my trade in credit yet. My delivery date is also Nov. 13 for the wifi 8 gb no offers. I didn't order a case yet, the leather looks amazing, but I'm not sure how much bulk it will add. I need to be able to fit it into the pocket on my purse that I am currently using for my Voyage--it should fit, based on length and thickness, but I'm not sure if it will after I add the cover. I can't find dimensions anywhere for the covers!

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 10:23 AM   #83
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
OH, but what a great opportunity!
A reason to buy a new purse if it doesn't fit in the current one.
And if getting a new purse, you have to have new shoes to match.
And then .... just to be sure everything is still coordinated.

Look out Neiman Marcus (or Saks, or ...), here she comes!
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 10:29 AM   #84
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

oops.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:15 PM   #85
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
OH, but what a great opportunity!
A reason to buy a new purse if it doesn't fit in the current one.
And if getting a new purse, you have to have new shoes to match.
And then .... just to be sure everything is still coordinated.

Look out Neiman Marcus (or Saks, or ...), here she comes!

I ordered a 32Gb too, with a blue cover. Now I am tempted by the saddle leather one, but let's leave sthing for Xmas. I am only human. It's supposed to arrive on October 31st.

I may cancel my order before it sends. I may not.

I may have to get a new purse....
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 12:36 PM   #86
seanyyz
Connoisseur
seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
For the record, mine is a 32 GB and I ordered the saddle brown cover.
seanyyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 12:52 PM   #87
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
- - - -
I may have to get a new purse....
The only term I can think of for a set pattern of inter-dependent purchasing is "snowball" effect.

The corporate marketing people who set up these paths to trigger multiple purchases probably have a better name for it.

But it can be more than a bit dull, trying to go through life without any attempts at humor.
Old 10-19-2017, 05:16 PM   #88
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek
NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: One of each, and two in some cases
My delivery date for the 32 GB with Special Offers is Oct 31.

Around the time the 2nd PW came out I swore to myself that I would skip the next Kindle release because my PW was good enough; then they came out with the Voyage and it was thinner and lighter and just different enough that I bought one.

And I really liked my Voyage and I told myself I would skip the next Kindle release because my Voyage was great.

Then they came out with the Oasis and it was even thinner and lighter than the Voyage so I ordered one and I really liked it. I told myself I would skip the next Kindle release and stick with my Oasis.

And then they came out with an Oasis that has more screen real estate and supposedly better battery life without the stupid cover, so of course I bought one.

Last edited by NNolan; 10-19-2017 at 06:11 PM.
NNolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 06:41 PM   #89
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and 3, Scribe
NNolan - Your story is the same as mine! <g>.

Last edited by JoeC; 10-19-2017 at 06:43 PM.
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 06:38 AM   #90
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ✍️🏝️♎️ Kobo Clara 2E
Ordered 32gb with 4G, estimated delivery Nov 15. But I'm saving it for Dec 25.
Anyone want my Kobo Aura One?
ETA: My kobo is now in the mail, and no longer available.

Last edited by Pjama; 10-20-2017 at 06:06 PM.
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote