Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 10-13-2017, 06:13 PM   #16
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Use a keyboard with cache. Sometimes it is as if the Max Carta is processing something entirely different while you are hanging away on the keys but once it returns its focus you'll see the letters lining up like good little soldiers on the screen. For me Microsoft Wedge works best.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 10:27 PM   #17
dkccerbero
Connoisseur
dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Note2
This app is pretty cool. I use it. Simple, free and no adds.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rmerbb.notepad
dkccerbero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 10:21 AM   #18
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkccerbero View Post
This app is pretty cool. I use it. Simple, free and no adds.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rmerbb.notepad
I tested it, but I can't figure out where the text is saved so I can't really move the text to something more useful.

My usage would be writing outdoors, the when coming home move the text to Word on my PC and begin formatting. To bad, because text input was smooth where other apps feel laggy.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:01 AM   #19
dkccerbero
Connoisseur
dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.

Yes, that is a mystery... But I do this: I use it (the Notepad), write with a keyboard and then (still with the document open) press "share" icon (in my device) up in the right corner and select Jota Text Editor (Another app that I instaled) that allows me to export, and save the file.
(https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...o.pandora.jota)

Last edited by dkccerbero; 10-19-2017 at 04:58 PM.
Old 10-19-2017, 03:36 PM   #20
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
I tested it, but I can't figure out where the text is saved so I can't really move the text to something more useful.
[...]
To bad, because text input was smooth where other apps feel laggy.
I think I have the solution to your mystery
Quote:
• Import and export notes to external storage (Android 4.4+)
I am taking a look because you say it's snappy, and maybe the code can be improved... But this app cannot replace a real rich text editor. Which is not an excessive request: 2017...
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 04:53 PM   #21
dkccerbero
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
the solution to your mystery

Thanks for the info! I just instaled the app on my cellphone and realize that you can export the notes!

I understand what you say about rich text... but some apps are pretty slow (I tried WPS and AndropenOffice. That last one was great because I use lot of footnotes...but they are heavy apps and sometimes crash... So, I decide to use simple note apps that don't interrupt my writting and then do some final things on the PC...

I'll like an app that
- Autosave
- Export (docx or rtf or odt)
- With footnotes
- Interface with no animations or things that painfully crawl over the screen while I try to select a font or open a menu.

Sadly I don't know any app that has all this things...(I only have been using my ereader for writting for about 2 weeks so I don't know that much of this)
Old 10-19-2017, 05:11 PM   #22
dkccerbero
Connoisseur

I am using this now, it is a little better.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rise.coastline
Old 10-19-2017, 07:00 PM   #23
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

Quote:
I think I have the solution to your mystery

I am taking a look because you say it's snappy, and maybe the code can be improved... But this app cannot replace a real rich text editor. Which is not an excessive request: 2017...
It certainly isn't, on the other hand cheap single core processors aren't exactly 2017 either, is it?

I was just thrilled that typing actually worked the way Remington intended. If you do look at the code the left panel holding the notes would benefit from some adjustments.
Old 10-20-2017, 01:22 AM   #24
dkccerbero
Connoisseur

What about this one?
Works cool in N96ml+
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...textmakertrial
Old 10-20-2017, 12:27 PM   #25
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

I have the paid version of that and it works very well, except for the UI because their color choices washes out on the e-ink screen.
Old 10-21-2017, 08:44 AM   #26
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkccerbero View Post
What about this one?
Works cool in N96ml+
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...textmakertrial
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
I have the paid version of that and it works very well, except for the UI because their color choices washes out on the e-ink screen.
You really gave me a great gift with this one, TextMaker Mobile Free; I am astonished: finally, something competitive with Kingsoft/WPS. Rejoicing masses, cheer!

I have not tried this yet on the Onyx firmware: Kumabjorn, where do you see the problem? Is it in the toolbar?

Hint for those who do not know it yet:
-- make sure to enable "Wrap Text" mode (equivalent to "Web View" in other software; you have both a checkbox in "Menu > View > Wrap Text" and a toggle icon in the toolbar;
-- you can disable the toolbar through "Menu > View > Toolbar"
Old 10-21-2017, 05:20 PM   #27
mdp
Wizard

Quote:
I have not tried this [TextMaker Mobile Free] yet on the Onyx firmware: Kumabjorn, where do you see the problem? Is it in the toolbar?
The problem is: it hangs while loading any (.doc) file on the MaxCarta.
It works well on other systems.
Old 10-21-2017, 06:27 PM   #28
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

Quote:
The problem is: it hangs while loading any (.doc) file on the MaxCarta.
It works well on other systems.
Oh, didn't know that. I only wrote new documents when I tried it.
I've deleted it but if memory serves there was a menu in the lower right corner that simply didn't display one of the choices (you could still tap it if you knew where it was) and I had a reference for it on my Galaxy Note 10.1 just to learn the interface.