Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-11-2017, 11:47 PM   #151
Buran
Geek
Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis Waterproof 32GB 3G (without offers)
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
For both Oases, when they are flat on a table, is the display level, and does the device rock when the page turn buttons are pressed? The Voyage meets these criteria.
Yes and no, respectively. (With the cover attached).
Buran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 05:25 AM   #152
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If it was an updated Voyage and not an Oasis, I might have bought one as a Christmas gift.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 08:18 PM   #153
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If it was an updated Voyage and not an Oasis, I might have bought one as a Christmas gift.
Two things you may be missing:

1) You're assuming the screen will mimic the characteristics of the Oasis (which, by the way, I do agree was not as sharp as the Voyage's screen).

2) There is no longer a battery in the cover, which was a concern that you expressed.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 07:39 AM   #154
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Two things you may be missing:

1) You're assuming the screen will mimic the characteristics of the Oasis (which, by the way, I do agree was not as sharp as the Voyage's screen).

2) There is no longer a battery in the cover, which was a concern that you expressed.
1. That makes a 7" Voyage much better than a KO2.
2. True.

But, what I don't know for sure is how fragile the KO2 is because of being so thin.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 08:53 AM   #155
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
1. That makes a 7" Voyage much better than a KO2.
2. True.

But, what I don't know for sure is how fragile the KO2 is because of being so thin.

About the thinness of the first Oasis: For me, I always found that holding the Oasis was problematic due to its very lightness. Personally, I just wanted a little more 'heft' to the unit.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 08:59 AM   #156
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
About the thinness of the first Oasis: For me, I always found that holding the Oasis was problematic due to its very lightness. Personally, I just wanted a little more 'heft' to the unit.
That's one reason I always use a case: it makes the reader more comfortable to hold.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 04:10 PM   #157
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Still happy with my 3-yo Kindle 7. My backup is a 6-yo Kindle 4S.
My two main "reading machines" are a 3G Kindle Touch (using the Constantia font) and a Kindle Basic Black (I guess 4B?). They both have nice Amazon lighted cases. After I bought the Fire 7 I tried to use it for reading but I just can't my eyes to work right with it (it's nice to have for technical books, illustrated books, however). Besides a tablet is heavier and clunkier than an eReader. The Fire 7 gets plenty of use for other stuff, though. Now that I've got a good, illuminated Bluetooth keyboard it makes one heck of a light (easy to carry) word processor.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote