Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-11-2022, 08:18 PM   #1
carls_mc
carls_mc will become famous soon enoughcarls_mc will become famous soon enoughcarls_mc will become famous soon enoughcarls_mc will become famous soon enoughcarls_mc will become famous soon enoughcarls_mc will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle
Email books to Kobo Libra?

I'm new to Kobo after using Kindles for years.

Does Kobo have a facility where you can send a book directly to the reader via email? With Kindles, you get a specific email address for your Kindle that you can send stuff to.

I often sideload books and wondering if it's possible not to have to plug in to the computer every time I want to add something.

If you can't send via email, is there some other way to wirelessly send books to a Kobo Libra?
carls_mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 08:50 PM   #2
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
There’s a built in browser which should be able to access your email assuming there’s a website for it.

If you’re at home you can also use some fairly basic mods to get Calibre to wirelessly share to your device, nickelmenu and Kobo uncaged would do the trick. Though you have to be on the same WiFi network I believe.

And finally any storage sites like Google drive or Dropbox which don’t require you to use an app can also work. Though on the Libra it won’t be as seamless as it is on a Kobo with Dropbox built in.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2022, 09:06 PM   #3
johndoe3444
johndoe3444 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
You can use this website ( https://send.djazz.se ) to send books wirelessly to your kobo. You have to open it in both your Libra and computer/phone, put the same code in both sides and then upload/download the book. Not as easy as sending them by e-mail but fairly straightforward.

If you use Calibre you can also access your calibre content server with the browser to download your books wirelessly.
johndoe3444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 12:30 AM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
See [WIP] KoboMail - send ebooks by email to kobo devices

Quote:
Originally Posted by carls_mc View Post
I'm new to Kobo after using Kindles for years.

Does Kobo have a facility where you can send a book directly to the reader via email? With Kindles, you get a specific email address for your Kindle that you can send stuff to.

I often sideload books and wondering if it's possible not to have to plug in to the computer every time I want to add something.

If you can't send via email, is there some other way to wirelessly send books to a Kobo Libra?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 01:29 PM   #5
aborh
aborh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I just now joined Mobileread.com so that I could say THANK YOU for this post! The link is still working as of March 2024, and will save me when/if my library gets wiped out by an unintentional factory reset (I don't know how that happened) and I am traveling without a laptop.
aborh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert