Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-03-2021, 01:05 PM   #46
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatSyxsuke View Post
I just checked again, filtering is set to All and I sorted by File Type. Everything is a Kobo EPUB except for the 3 PNGs for Plato, KOReader and kfmon. I reconnected it to my laptop, deleted the Audiobooks folder I created and checked the contents of the mp3z file I had for any characters like you mentioned. The file name is simple to begin with. After ejecting, it still doesn’t show up under My Books. The Importing screen hasn’t come up any time I’ve added an mp3z file to my Kobo, only after adding books.

This isn’t a dealbreaker, I just like knowing I have the option to sideload an audiobook or other mp3s if I get the itch.
If you send the audiobook and an epub at the same time, does the epub get imported?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 01:19 PM   #47
GreatSyxsuke
Enthusiast
GreatSyxsuke doesn't litterGreatSyxsuke doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
If you send the audiobook and an epub at the same time, does the epub get imported?
I just tried it. I added an epub and an mp3z file with one mp3 inside of it to the root of my device. When I ejected it, the Importing screen came up briefly before returning to the main interface. The epub is there but once again, no mp3z.
GreatSyxsuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2021, 07:40 PM   #48
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
I just tried it. I added an epub and an mp3z file with one mp3 inside of it to the root of my device. When I ejected it, the Importing screen came up briefly before returning to the main interface. The epub is there but once again, no mp3z.
What happens when you connect and disconnect now? Does the importing screen show? If it does, and the audiobook is not added, then there is a problem with the file. If the importing screen doesn't show, then it is either that the device does not recognise the file (usually the extension) or the device thinking the file is already imported.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 07:53 PM   #49
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Did you zip the mp3 file and renamed it to mp3z. Or simply renamed the extension mp3 to mp3z?
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 08:10 PM   #50
GreatSyxsuke
Enthusiast
GreatSyxsuke doesn't litterGreatSyxsuke doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I figured out what the problem was. For some reason between the time I zipped the mp3 file and then renamed it from .zip to .mp3z and when I transferred the file to my Libra 2, it was adding .zip to the end of the file (Night.mp3z became Night.mp3z.zip). I fixed that and now it works just as the instructions say.
GreatSyxsuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2021, 08:17 PM   #51
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
I figured out what the problem was. For some reason between the time I zipped the mp3 file and then renamed it from .zip to .mp3z and when I transferred the file to my Libra 2, it was adding .zip to the end of the file (Night.mp3z became Night.mp3z.zip). I fixed that and now it works just as the instructions say.
Sounds like what happens on a Windows machine when you have Hide extensions for known filetypes enabled.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 06:00 PM   #52
vrf
Addict
vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Voyage, Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro
I had thought that each zipped mp3z had to be in its own folder, not just dumped in root. That seemed to be my experience, although maybe my standalone file had that extra extension mentioned above.

I wish we could get the device to see the file as a Kobo audiobook, so we could use the real player with bookmarks and such. Has anyone tried peeking at the guts of a real Kobo audiobook and seeing what it's built from?
vrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 08:47 PM   #53
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrf View Post
I had thought that each zipped mp3z had to be in its own folder, not just dumped in root. That seemed to be my experience, although maybe my standalone file had that extra extension mentioned above.
You can definitely put them all in a single folder. I think I originally dumped them in the root directory and then moved them later to check that worked.
Quote:
I wish we could get the device to see the file as a Kobo audiobook, so we could use the real player with bookmarks and such. Has anyone tried peeking at the guts of a real Kobo audiobook and seeing what it's built from?
I did have a look when doing this originally, and discussed it with someone at Kobo. It isn't going t work. It isn't as simple as populating the database with appropriate records, there are other things going on.

I would encourage everyone that wants to listen to sideloaded audiobooks to tell Kobo. I think it is in their best interest to support them as that will encourage people to buy these devices, and I think they will get some audiobook sales from people who get used to listening to books this way. I don't think it would actually decrease the audiobook sales. if anything, I think it would increase sales (but have no way to prove either side of that assertion).
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 07:45 PM   #54
anos
anos began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libre 2
I want to play some songs, and I tried both mp3 and wav, they both works fine when zip compressed and renamed to mp3z, but the problem is that the audio on the Bluetooth earphones is extremely choppy, a lot of stuttering, it feels like some buffer underrun
Any fix for that?
anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 11:12 AM   #55
Patrick Faret
Enthusiast
Patrick Faret began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Elipsa 2e
Hello everyone, I have a kobo elipas 2e and I wanted to download mp3s as is to my kobo, but nothing happened.

So I've read all your comments and I've realised this:
to play an mp3, you first have to compress it and give it the extension mp3z.
Then you load it into the kob (elipsa for me)
Then connect the bluetooth and a headset or speaker, and only then launch the mp3.
Got it right
Thanks for your help

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Patrick Faret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 12:49 PM   #56
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Faret View Post
Hello everyone, I have a kobo elipas 2e and I wanted to download mp3s as is to my kobo, but nothing happened.

So I've read all your comments and I've realised this:
to play an mp3, you first have to compress it and give it the extension mp3z.
Then you load it into the kob (elipsa for me)
Then connect the bluetooth and a headset or speaker, and only then launch the mp3.
Got it right
Thanks for your help

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
And it's pointless. See here
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 08:23 AM   #57
Patrick Faret
Enthusiast
Patrick Faret began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Elipsa 2e
Hello
I have the same problem with my Bluetooth headphones: the sound is choppy and you have to turn the volume up very high.
Do you have a solution?
Thanks in advance
Patrick Faret is offline   Reply With Quote