Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-30-2021, 12:24 AM   #1
LinuxArie
Connoisseur
LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Clara HD. FBreader on Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro, Nokia 3.1
24hrs clock

Setting your Kobo to English language you get a am/pm clock. I really don't like am/pm.
Finally found a simple solution on Reddit (here I could not find it) to changre to a 24hrs clock.
Tested it first on my old Touch, works on Touch and Clara HD and probably on the other Kobo readers.
Quote:
Changing locale in the /.kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf file to en_GB should do it... But not a very user friendly solution.
https://www.reddit.com/r/kobo/commen...e_to_24h_time/
You can read it without a Reddit account
LinuxArie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 05:43 AM   #2
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
From 6 days ago:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=340251
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2021, 05:49 AM   #3
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Today, in general, is the day of "discoveries", in the next topic finally found advanced settings for fonts ...
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 06:07 AM   #4
LinuxArie
Connoisseur
LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Clara HD. FBreader on Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro, Nokia 3.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Oops, totally overlooked it
LinuxArie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 05:21 AM   #5
RoyR
RoyR began at the beginning.

Device: kobo forma, elipsa
Elipsa

I'm new to this. I tried the locale change for my Elipsa, to en_GB in the config file, did restart, it seemed to work - clock was 24 hours. But when I went to a basic notebook and tried to open it I got a message about 'update to writing recognition required' which wouldn't work and wouldn't go away. I had wifi on. I did a restart, still stuck. Can anyone tell me if the 24 hour clock mod works for the Elipsa, and if so the problem I had must be with me? I'm wondering if maybe when I changed the config if it might have been set to read only afterwards. I did it on ubuntu. Thanks
RoyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2021, 07:12 PM   #6
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyR View Post
I'm new to this. I tried the locale change for my Elipsa, to en_GB in the config file, did restart, it seemed to work - clock was 24 hours. But when I went to a basic notebook and tried to open it I got a message about 'update to writing recognition required' which wouldn't work and wouldn't go away. I had wifi on. I did a restart, still stuck. Can anyone tell me if the 24 hour clock mod works for the Elipsa, and if so the problem I had must be with me? I'm wondering if maybe when I changed the config if it might have been set to read only afterwards. I did it on ubuntu. Thanks
I experienced the same when I first set it up and changed the config file. Because of the notebook, I suspected the en_GB was incompatible and changed it back to the default. Too bad, I too prefer a 24-hr clock on all my devices.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 01:34 AM   #7
RoyR
RoyR began at the beginning.

Device: kobo forma, elipsa
Oh well, that's a pity, but at least it wasn't me. Thanks for the help Skydog.
RoyR is offline   Reply With Quote