rajendra8
rajendra8 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 500
Wink Sony PRS-500

Hello,
Thank you for all the members.
My name is Rajendra, joined today.
I have a Sony prs-500 since last year.
1. I have a problem erasing files from Library.
When I try to erase a file from the sony ebook library my PC freezes. UPON RESTRT, HOWEVER, i FIND THE FILE ERASED.
And if i try to erase several files my PC freezes. Upon restarting only one file is seen erased.
Does anyone have the same experience?
2. Where does sony store the files? Is it possible to go to the storing directory and erase files manually?
3. is there any way to add more fonts to the Ereader? Because my sight is bad and I want the the ext bigger and bolder?
Many thanks for any suggestions/ answers.
Raj
rajendra8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 11:16 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Welcome to MobileRead, rajendra8!

I haven't heard of this particular issue, but there may be someone else around who has. The only thing I can think to suggest off-hand is to reinstall the software.

You can delete files manually from the Sony Library Software through Windows Explorer. The file locations can be seen by opening a book in the Library Software itself, and clicking on the little i icon toward the upper right of the window.

Usually they're in someplace similar to: C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\My Documents\My Books\eBook Library.

You can't really add fonts to the PRS devices, but you can change the existing ones to other fonts. Unfortunately it's rather an involved process -- if you'll search the forum for "PRS500 fonts" that will probably point you in the right direction.

One other minor detail: the PRS500 is named the "Reader" (no "E").

The reason I mention this is that there is something named "eReader," but it's an ebook format, and that format is not compatible with the Sony Readers. We've had folks who bought eReader format ebooks and found out the hard way that they don't work on their Sony Readers, so we want to try not to add to that confusion.

I hope that helps.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert