Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-22-2008, 05:11 PM   #301
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I'll need an internet connection for downloading books. Better make that a satellite TV and internet connection, seeing as how I hate missing Dr. Who.

Tim and I actually took a tropical drinks class while on vacation a few years back. I can make a yummy Yellow Bird, but don't have the foggiest idea what Marc puts into those Cheeky Jeffersons he keeps drinking.
oh don't worry, the whole archipelago will have high-speed broadband. fibre optic or whatever. that's a requirement.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 05:14 PM   #302
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
They didn't show Lost in France then? That must have been the most crowded desert island imaginable.
heh, they did (do) actually. i watched it at first. i got bored after a while though when it degenerated into random violent confrontations between different factions / individuals, the mystery seemed to go out of it and there were never any explanations about ANYTHING (the smoke monster ??? what WAS that thing ??? did anyone ever find out ??). you're right though that island had a stealth population density probably equivalent to paris. i don't know how they managed to avoid each other most of the time.
Advert
Old 08-22-2008, 05:15 PM   #303
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Maybe we could borrow one of these places for a little while.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 05:18 PM   #304
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookishDreamer View Post

Dreamer
i don't know. most of those places seem a little too vulnerable to... you know... high tide.
Old 08-22-2008, 05:19 PM   #305
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:

Dreamer
I like the first one.

ZP you could use your jet boots to visit everyone (if you can buy enough jet boot fuel with pshrynk's credit card).
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2008, 05:22 PM   #306
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:

Dreamer
You guys, we MUST have a lighthouse light off the top of our turrets. But on some sort of shut-off timer to turn it off at a reasonable hour, so as not to disturb our sleep. No fog horns, please.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 05:24 PM   #307
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
On second thought, instead of a big palace to keep clean, just give me a thatched hut and a mosquito net over the bed. And that broadband, naturally.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 05:27 PM   #308
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
I like the first one.

ZP you could use your jet boots to visit everyone (if you can buy enough jet boot fuel with pshrynk's credit card).
true, the first one does seem to have a higher flood resistance. ok then. luckily for the jetboots, montsnmags enterprises ltd. has stolen developped some amazing new technology so they are actually run on a self-recharging kinetically powered battery (= the more i use them, the more juice they've got). sort of like a bike lamp, you know ? only better, obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
You guys, we MUST have a lighthouse light off the top of our turrets. But on some sort of shut-off timer to turn it off at a reasonable hour, so as not to disturb our sleep. No fog horns, please.
lighthouse might be a good idea for security reasons. technically if we need a lighthouse then we also need a foghorn, but it would only be turned on for foggy nights.
Old 08-22-2008, 05:45 PM   #309
tirsales
MIA ... but returning som
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505 and *Really* not owning a PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
lighthouse might be a good idea for security reasons. technically if we need a lighthouse then we also need a foghorn, but it would only be turned on for foggy nights.
Could we perhaps use a silent fog horn?
My not-hedgehog ears are fairly sensitive to loud noises
tirsales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 06:01 PM   #310
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirsales View Post
Could we perhaps use a silent fog horn?
My not-hedgehog ears are fairly sensitive to loud noises
ok, that's reasonable. my noise tolerance is sub-zero lately as well (oh, you've noticed ?). let's scrap the whole thing. the ships can fend for themselves. they have maps after all, and with today's technology they really have no excuse to be relying on such outdated relics as foghorns.
Old 08-22-2008, 06:08 PM   #311
tirsales
MIA ... but returning som
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505 and *Really* not owning a PRS-700
Quote:
let's scrap the whole thing. the ships can fend for themselves. they have maps after all, and with today's technology they really have no excuse to be relying on such outdated relics as foghorns.
Bah, I have nothing against foghorns. Lets have two!
Provided they are silent foghorns and they dont make noise
tirsales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 06:09 PM   #312
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirsales View Post
Bah, I have nothing against foghorns. Lets have two!
Provided they are silent foghorns and they dont make noise
all right then ! no loud foghorns, but two silent foghorns. sounds good to me.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:57 PM   #313
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
ok ! desert islands all around !!....
Oh, okay, but the skuas are going to be mighty pissed off. Better watch your llamaberries; Lllamaberry theft from the skies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
Or we could have little fairies row us back and forth between them.
Well, actually, I'm not little; I'm kinda chunky, and I be frakked if I'm rowing anyone anywhere. I'll happily deliver mixed drinks along the archipelago in my Stingray:

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/08/21/s...ray-speedboat/

(Don't worry - the engines are heavily muffled)

Quote:
Wait, didn't I have an "island" costume around here, somewhere?
Okay, but those Roaring Forties are really gonna shoot up that skirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
They didn't show Lost in France then? That must have been the most crowded desert island imaginable.
Yes, it's called In Search Of Lost Ratings.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 08:20 PM   #314
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Quote:
well if we all live on the same island it won't be very deserted. maybe we should have a bar island, for the days we feel like congregating. since dixiegal has volunteered to be bartender.
Deserted? Oh... I thought we were moving to a DESSERT island.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 08:22 PM   #315
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
Deserted? Oh... I thought we were moving to a DESSERT island.
sure, why not ? we'll move to a dessert island. i have no problem with that. who knows willy wonka ? we'll probably have to buy it from him.

Tags
duck!, unutterable silliness