Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-10-2024, 06:06 PM   #1
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
How to generate cover thumbnails?

I'm in the process of formatting and reuploading all of my library to one of my old Kobos (a Glo HD), so I can use it as a spare whenever I don't want to take my Libra 2 outside the house.

As I'm doing so I'm wondering: is there a way to generate the book cover thumbnails (i.e. the ones that appear in the menu, homepage etc.) directly with Calibre? I have thousands of books, and navigating everything is going to be slow until Nickel generates all of the thumbnails, which as far as I know will not happen unless I manually go from page to page and wait until it's done. I looked at the KoboUtilities plugin but I'm not sure if the 'Upload cover...' option applies only to the main cover or not?
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 07:07 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathil View Post
I looked at the KoboUtilities plugin but I'm not sure if the 'Upload cover...' option applies only to the main cover or not?
The Upload cover options uploads the set of images.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 11:18 PM   #3
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
I think the Kobo driver already generates thumbnails when you send books to the Kobo?
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 03:46 PM   #4
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The Upload cover options uploads the set of images.
Thank you, that was easier than I thought

@sherman it doesn't AFAIK the driver sends over only one cover 'size' and then Nickel generates the others, including those shown while navigating through the menu.
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote