Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-14-2024, 01:36 PM   #16
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
extra weight just come from the extra 8 gigs of storage
Only for the heavier '1' bits though.
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 07:43 AM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The more eBooks you have, the heavier the device is.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 08:52 AM   #18
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The more eBooks you have, the heavier the device is.
Yep. That's why I don't use covers - I usually keep several thousand books on my ereaders. They're heavy as bricks.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 12:30 PM   #19
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
There's no such thing as too many ereaders.
Yes, there is. I'm living proof of it.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 01:15 PM   #20
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Yes, there is. I'm living proof of it.
Maybe you just don't have enough and that's why you keep acquiring them.
Old 02-18-2024, 06:28 PM   #21
deleted2
Member Retired
deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude_C View Post

Sometimes, I'm considering getting a Clara 2E, just because it's so lightweight.

Well, I finally jumped ship from Kindle and came back to Kobo. I got my Clara 2E yesterday. Pretty happy with it. And yes, it feels much lighter than my Paperwhite to hold. I put a PopSocket on the back and it's a joy to read with my new ereader. 😃
deleted2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 06:47 PM   #22
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Well, I finally jumped ship from Kindle and came back to Kobo. I got my Clara 2E yesterday. Pretty happy with it. And yes, it feels much lighter than my Paperwhite to hold. I put a PopSocket on the back and it's a joy to read with my new ereader. 😃
Old 02-25-2024, 01:00 PM   #23
deleted2
Member Retired
deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Changed my mind again... I know, crazy. I figured that around 180$ CDA was too much to spend on a another ereader. The Kindle will do. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 02-25-2024, 02:52 PM   #24
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ✍️🏝️♎️ Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Changed my mind again... I know, crazy. I figured that around 180$ CDA was too much to spend on an another ereader. The Kindle will do. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ha ha, I did that with my Libra 2 almost exactly 2 years ago - I returned it as I felt guilty due to already having an Oasis.

I bought the exact same model with the exact same cover (lavender ) earlier this month and this time, no regrets!
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 04:16 PM   #25
deleted2
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjama View Post
Ha ha, I did that with my Libra 2 almost exactly 2 years ago - I returned it as I felt guilty due to already having an Oasis.

I bought the exact same model with the exact same cover (lavender ) earlier this month and this time, no regrets!
I’ll wait for new models to come out. If they ever do. Maybe by then, money will have start to grow on trees. 😅
Old 02-28-2024, 08:48 AM   #26
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ✍️🏝️♎️ Kobo Clara 2E
I've been reading a lot of library books on my Libra and Clara, and I'm really impressed by how much snappier the syncing to most recent position is compared to my Kindles. "It just works." It's practically instantaneous.

I also side loaded 750 books from my Calibre, epubs sent as kepubs. I was a little worried after reading the database corruption threads, but everything is still good.
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 03:36 PM   #27
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjama View Post
I've been reading a lot of library books on my Libra and Clara, and I'm really impressed by how much snappier the syncing to most recent position is compared to my Kindles. "It just works." It's practically instantaneous.

I also side loaded 750 books from my Calibre, epubs sent as kepubs. I was a little worried after reading the database corruption threads, but everything is still good.

The library syncing is terrific.

Sometimes there is a bit of confusion with the server if the book is marked as expiring on your Kobo, but you have already renewed it with Libby. It all works out over a day, or overnight at worst. Just not instantaneous.

What I do to avoid the renew lag: if there is nobody waiting for the book, I return the expiring book, sync my Kobo so that it gets the preview, reborrow the book, then resync the Kobo.

It doesn’t happen often. I just love the ease of borrowing books from the library.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote