Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-24-2023, 06:36 PM   #1
wmeyer
wmeyer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
URI format error

I have an epub I edited with Sigil 2.0.2 on Windows. I have uploaded the epub to kobo.com, to check for any issues. It complains of a bad URI:
"[https://www.freepik.com/free-vector/hand-drawn-simple-flower-outline_25182979.htm#query=line%20art%20lily&posit ion=1&from_view=search&track=ais&uuid=0f70a459-528c-4014-955a-61c1d392eed4#position=1&query=line%20art%20lily]" is not a valid URI. in OEBPS/Text/index_split_000.html, line 32

This is a credit for use of some line art, and the credit is required by the publisher. The actual HTML in my file is this:
<p>
<a href="https://www.freepik.com/free-vector/hand-drawn-simple-flower-outline_25182979.htm#query=line%20art%20lily&amp;p osition=1&amp;from_view=search&amp;track=ais&amp;u uid=0f70a459-528c-4014-955a-61c1d392eed4#position=1&amp;query=line%20art%20lil y">Lily image from Freepik</a>
</p>

I uploaded the epub to Amazon to send to my Kindle, and the link is presented correctly, and does, in fact, open a browser to the correct page.

Would appreciate any assistance!
wmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2023, 09:28 PM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Uri query's are not started by a hash # and instead use ?

And I have never seen a proper url with multiple query strings and especially one that is duplicated twice.

Try to write the uri using ? for query and remove the duplication of the query.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2023, 09:32 PM   #3
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here is a more properly formatted uri:

https://www.freepik.com/free-vector/...a-61c1d392eed4

You can probably simplify this further.
Old 12-25-2023, 12:53 AM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
For what it's worth, I tried the following and it worked:

https://www.freepik.com/free-vector/...e_25182979.htm

Since this is a MobileRead link, the full URL is seen when you hover over the link.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2023, 11:51 AM   #5
KevinH
Sigil Developer

That url worked for me too. Nicely done!
Old 12-26-2023, 11:13 AM   #6
wmeyer
wmeyer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks, all, for the help! The link came from FreePik, and messy as it was, when put into a browser, it worked. The much simpler link from DNSB has solved the problem here, and I now have no resource complaints from Kobo.
wmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
html, uri