Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 06:34 PM   #1
FinancialWar
Banned
FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

Device: Sony PRS350, Onyx M92, Onyx T68 (defective!)
Why does Dr. Drib spam in every thread in flea market?

Okay I get we must read the rules in the sticky, no need to spam in every single threads telling me to read the sticky, we are all adults, not children. Telling us once is enough!

Hating going to the flea market and sees his annoying spam and that avatar.

Last edited by FinancialWar; 02-21-2014 at 06:39 PM.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:12 PM   #2
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinancialWar View Post
Okay I get we must read the rules in the sticky, no need to spam in every single threads telling me to read the sticky, we are all adults, not children. Telling us once is enough!

So... Maybe you should have read the sticky before you posted. That's why they're stickies. They stick to the top of the forums. Just saying...
Advert
Old 02-21-2014, 07:52 PM   #3
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Honestly, I think it's a good idea after a sales pitch, especially from a stranger, to have someone step in to tell you to think seriously about the possible pluses and minuses of the transaction.

Of course, I'm hardly ever over there.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:50 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:

Are you accusing a Moderator of Spamming?

Maybe your posts were on the thin edge of acceptable and he thought additional cautionary warning was advisable.

The old adage "if it is too go to be true, then maybe it is not"

Not saying you stepped over the line, but there are some that do.

and there are also MR members that are not as prudent as the should be when shopping.
Old 02-22-2014, 02:23 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Since your not a child and have read the sticky post obviously you must be aware that he only posts his warning under certain specific conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I will post this (in green below), when a Member has less than 50 posts and/or has been a Member of MobileRead for less than six months:
Then again maybe you never read the sticky or you would know he doesn't post this warning in every thread in the flea market.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 02-22-2014 at 02:27 AM.
Advert
Old 02-22-2014, 03:00 AM   #6
FinancialWar
Banned
FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

A lot of internet forums have classifieds, rarely do mods post this much.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:20 AM   #7
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
If his posts bother you that much, why not add him to your ignore list?
Old 02-22-2014, 11:43 AM   #8
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:

What seems to be your problem? "every single threads(sic)" ?? I just counted and of the 10 most recent threads in the flea market, exactly 2 had the warning. Both met the criteria specified in the sticky. The other 8 did not, and got no warning. It seems to me that you're way over-reacting here. I know I appreciate the reminder. It's easy to forget and costs me nothing to read the warning. Personally, I appreciate the care and concern that all the mods have for our forum and the work they do in keeping it a good place to be.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:38 PM   #9
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Personally, I appreciate the care and concern that all the mods have for our forum and the work they do in keeping it a good place to be.
^
Ditto!

I'd rather have overly zealous mods watching out for us than mods that don't give a crap. If you don't like it, shake your head and move on.

Last edited by AlbertaCowboy; 02-23-2014 at 04:40 PM.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:25 PM   #10
FinancialWar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post
^
Ditto!

I'd rather have overly zealous mods watching out for us than mods that don't give a crap. If you don't like it, shake your head and move on.
Caring and responsible mod does not mean spamming in every thread with the SAME post! If he had post to tell the users where they have violated rules, then that is caring. He just post the exact the SAME post to nearly every single thread.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:25 PM   #11
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Get over it. He does not post in nearly every thread it is to warn folks that they are dealing with a relatively new Mobileread member. A simple buyer beware word of caution.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 02-23-2014 at 09:31 PM.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:58 AM   #12
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Caring and responsible mod does not mean spamming in every thread with the SAME post! If he had post to tell the users where they have violated rules, then that is caring. He just post the exact the SAME post to nearly every single thread.
How in the world do you get from 2 out of 10 threads to "nearly every single thread"??

Get over yourself. That sounds like"due diligence", not spamming. Unless you have an agenda that you're not mentioning?
Old 02-24-2014, 06:16 AM   #13
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Dr. Drib explained it here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84367

Obviously there have been problems in the past. What is it that you don't understand?
Old 02-24-2014, 07:16 AM   #14
FinancialWar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
How in the world do you get from 2 out of 10 threads to "nearly every single thread"??

Get over yourself. That sounds like"due diligence", not spamming. Unless you have an agenda that you're not mentioning?
learn to read, 2 out of 10 most recent threads. Probably mod didn't have time to spam warning in the newest threads??

If you go to older threads, early all of them have warning.

Unless most people in the flea market are breaking rules, I don't see what it is necessary...
Old 02-24-2014, 07:27 AM   #15
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
learn to read, 2 out of 10 most recent threads. Probably mod didn't have time to spam warning in the newest threads??
How about you learn to read? Dr. Drib clearly states in which cases he is posting his warning:

Quote:
I will post this (in green below), when a Member has less than 50 posts and/or has been a Member of MobileRead for less than six months:
Makes a lot of sense to me. So why all the fuss?
Closed Thread