Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 10-08-2010, 11:27 AM   #1
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
New Kindle App

I upgraded to the new Kindle app. The main feature is the abiity to have two column reading in landscape mode. Not a feature I'd use, but pretty cool none the less.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:45 AM   #2
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
In fact, it forces you to use two-column mode in landscape. I know several people who would not have upgraded if they had known this.
JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2010, 12:03 PM   #3
kathyfitz
Electronics Whore
kathyfitz doesn't litterkathyfitz doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad, iPad mini, iPhone5, Kindle3
The one wide column in landscape mode is one of the things I dislike about the Kindle app on my iPad. And why I usually use iBooks. I find the iPad easier to hold for longer periods, like reading, in the landscape position. For me, it is a step in the right direction, but still not as visually pleasing as iBooks.
kathyfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:46 PM   #4
loveangel
Banned
loveangel began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
i m not aware of that , need some help on it
loveangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 09:23 AM   #5
JimKal
Zealot
JimKal can extract oil from cheeseJimKal can extract oil from cheeseJimKal can extract oil from cheeseJimKal can extract oil from cheeseJimKal can extract oil from cheeseJimKal can extract oil from cheeseJimKal can extract oil from cheeseJimKal can extract oil from cheese

Device: iPad, iMac,iPhone, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by drofgnal View Post
I upgraded to the new Kindle app. The main feature is the abiity to have two column reading in landscape mode. Not a feature I'd use, but pretty cool none the less.
I was pleased with the portrait layout in the Kindle app but was waiting for Amazon to provide this feature. Now if they will only add page numbers and how long to the end of the chapter I will be pleased. I have been using the landscape two column since it arrived and have found that It makes it easier for me to switch to a smaller font. For some reason, in the portrait layout I find a font size that is larger easier to read. Some features that initially I didn't think I would like - white print on black background, for example - I find that I now like.
JimKal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert