Notices

Old 08-08-2014, 08:14 AM   #1
Sergiopt
Sergiopt began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
IPAD Kobo not showing books in Kobo Glo

Hi everyone,
Hope anyone can help on this:
I have downloaded an epub book and added it to Kobo Glo using Calibre.
However, it will not show in Kobo app in IPAD after syncing.
I learned in this forum that only KOBO EPUB (Kepub) format books (usually bought through Kobo) will show in Ipad Kobo. So, I used the Kobo extended plugin in Calibre and converted the epub format to kepub format, after which I added it to Kobo Glo.
From that moment on this book is listed in Kobo Glo as a Kobo Epub format book, and I can read it in that device.
However, it still does not appear in my Ipad Kobo app.
Any help?
Thanks a lot,
Sergio
Sergiopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 10:22 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
In order for it to appear on the iPad you would have to actually load it onto the iPad. The only books Kobo sync's to devices are those bought from Kobo in kepub format. Sideloaded books, whether ePub or kepub, are NOT synced by Kobo between devices.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2014, 12:50 PM   #3
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
Hopefully I'm not stepping on toes here, but here's a little info about side-loading for the iOS app:

How do I side-load a book to the Kobo iOS application?

It is possible you may have an ePub or PDF file that you wish to read in the Kobo iOS application. To do this you will need to side-load the file.

There are two main methods to do this; Side-loading using iTunes, and side-loading using an application on the iOS device itself.

The first thing to check is what format is the book. The Kobo app only supports PDF and ePub files. If it is any other format, you will not be able to read it in the Kobo app.

The second thing to check is wether the book contains DRM (Digital Rights Management). The only DRM the Kobo application currently supports is the Adobe DRM format, both for PDF and ePub files. If it is any other format, for example from the iBookstore then you will NOT be able to read it in the Kobo app. You may be able to copy into the Kobo application, but any attempt to open it will fail.

If the book meets both of these criteria then you can "side-load" the book via iTunes (you may also be able to use other methods, such as email and dropbox)

Side-loading using iTunes
To learn how to side-load a file using iTunes, you should read through Apple's support document here: <http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4094>

Side-loading using an application on the iOS Device itself.
1. Ensure the Kobo application is installed on the device

2. The ePub or PDF file will need to be present within an application on the iOS Device. Examples would be; You have emailed the file to yourself, you have added the file to Dropbox, you can view the file in Safari

3. If the file is an ePub file, then tapping on it will display a sheet with various options, one of which should be "Open in Kobo", selecting this will add the file to the Kobo application.
If the file is an PDF file then when you tap on it look for an icon in the top-right of the page - it looks like a square with an upward pointing arrow appearing out of the top of the square - This will again show a sheet with a few options, and again, one of them should be "Open in Kobo", which you should select.

After using either method to side-load the file, the Kobo application should have been launched and you should see your file in the Library and be able to tap on it to open and read it.
Please note, if it is an Adobe DRM encrypted file then you will need an Adobe ID - you can obtain one here: <https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/membership/index.cfm> - and you will need to sign into the Adobe ID within the Kobo application (Tap on the icon in the top left of the blue menu to display the navigation panel, then find and select the Settings option, finally, tap on the Adobe option and sign in with your Adobe ID. Return to the library and tap on the book to download and open it)
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ipad kobo app, kobo glo, syncing